Hello

by FirstLastName 37 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome ! Welcome! Welcome!

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Welcome. Nice you were able to move on after the abuse and quit the mind controlling elders as well. Just a stupid question: how did your ex husband change from JW to drug dealer? Was he not reproved/DFed for this?

• LV101
    LV101

WELCOME --- and you are a smart girl!

LV101

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Thank you so much for the positive comments and making me feel so welcome !

In response to some of your questions:

I have completely lost touch with my ex, but he was always one to put on a good "front". He was inactive for some years when I left him.

My family is still "in", they do maintain a relationship with me and have been respectful in not bring up religion. I am very fortunate. After I left my ex, I never went back to meetings again. They did not like my ex and they adore my new husband and I am sure it is because they see how happy I am.

I am always looking for a good read to understand more about what I went through and what others have struggled with. With the advice of this forum, I am currently reading Combatting Mind Control. I have not read Searching for Christian Freedom - but it is on my list.

Thank you again for the warm welcome - I am happy to be here and finally participate !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum FLN.

Its nice to hear from a newbie that has done such a good job of getting out.

Cheers

Chris

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome! Good to hear a positive post-WT experience!

• looloo
    looloo

hello nice to meet u x

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Welcome!

I'm glad you made the right decisions and your family is positive seeing you're a happy person.

Enjoy your reading!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome aboard!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello FLN and welcome !! You remind me a little of myself except by your account it would seem you are very much younger which is great because you havent wasted too much time before finding a good man and a good life. Well done to you !!

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit