Hello

by FirstLastName 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Curtains
    Curtains

Hi

congrats on leaving abusive relationships behind and on starting new wholesome ones

• james_woods
    james_woods
    After asking the elders for help, they told me I should stay with him. Intuitively I knew that was not a smart move so I left both the religion and the husband. Both were bad influences in my life.

Welcome to the board!

That quote above is a classic, BTW.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome also! So glad you have been able to move on to a positive, productive life. So glad you have been willing to read books to identify falsehoods there and the negative controlling spirit in the JW organization. Do you still have JW family?

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome it is nice to hear a positive outcome to leaving the organisation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome

• scary21
    scary21

FLN Welcome!!!!!! Did you read In search of christian freedom?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It's 1 pm here, so........

Cheers and Welcome!!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

FirstLast,

Pad yourself on the back for exercising your god given ability to think.

Welcome to the board!

-Yan

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! The more exjws you get to know, you'll find that many were battered spouses. I used to think it was just women who were victims, but that's not the case. And since abusers are also manipulators, (much like the Watchtower), they almost always remain in good standing with the organization.

I'm glad to hear that you got out and made a good life for yourself. Is your drug addict/dealing ex-husband still in? Does your family shun you? My ex is crazy as a bed bug, but he can associate with my mom anytime he so desires. My mom has shunned me for 23 years and running. I say, "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

• darthfader
    darthfader

Sounds like you have a good head on your sholders.. Wise decision to dump both. Welcome Aboard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit