If you could ask one question to an active JW to get them to open their mind about their beliefs, what would it be?

by Franklin Massey 56 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elpiro would have to be able to,answer a Question..

I don`t think thats going to happen anytime soon..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

That the watchtower is wrong in putting it’s faith in the kingdom and not man

What if He wanted to show you that Jehovah's Witnesses are mistakenly placing their faith in a small group of men located in New York?

What sort of things might He do in order to show you that?

He would have to show me that the WATCHTOWER is wrong regarding
    The trinity
    Hell
    The purpose of God 4 the earth
    That type of thing

And how could He show you any of that if you won't even consider the possibility that the Watchtower might be wrong on any point of doctrine?

Or ARE you willing to consider it?

• jay88
    jay88

Can you inquire(look into things) without being defensive or offensive?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Are you humble enough to accept the truth ?

about the Truth™?

what would you personally think about a teaching system that used self-recorded and verifiable deception to promote their unique doctrines?

Would it be right to trick someone into believing something - whatever that something might be?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Why would God make it so that a mother can feed her child with her own white blood cells via breastfeeding, but then forbid her to save the same child's life via a medical transfusion of those same white blood cells?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Frank, and may you have peace! I would ask... and on many occasions have asked:

"In light of Christ's words as recorded at John 6:48-58 (NWT), and particularly verses 51, 53, and 54, exactly how is it that you are going to live forever WITHOUT eating his flesh and drinking his blood... as the WTBTS suggests you can?"

I've asked it a gazillion times... and it is these verses that usually stops them dead in their tracks and, in many instances, turns them around... and away from that harlot. One "sister" huffily responded, before reading the verses, that "we have life within ourselves!" Which IS the teaching of the WTBTS, sad to say. Verse 53, however, appears to state just the opposite. Threw her for a loop, that verse did.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Its a mindset that the Org so cleverly and insiduously inflicts on a person....in there its impossible to allow for any rational thinking without feeling one is personally going against Jehovah....it takes a lot of knowledge over time to see through the tangled web they weave around your mind and heart.

Loz x

• trevorbv
    trevorbv

An interesting question would be: Do you think the GB is inspired by God?

The average witness admits that they are not inspired, but he thinks that in some strange way they are. (See Reasoning pag. 135 par. 1). Some say: "They have the holy spirit", whatever that means. But did God's holy spirit told them to write in 1995 that the generation referred the wicked ones? I guess not.

And if they are not inspired why should you listen to them, how are they superior to you? If they make mistakes why should you trust them?

This will not change the mind of an indoctrinated witness by countless meetings at the kingdom hall. But it may make him start questioning, be curious, start researching, if he is smart and courageous enough. Some will react "violently" saying: "How do you dare ask that? Don't trust God?". They are hopeless for the moment, don't open the subject for a while.

• Ding
    Ding

Elpiro,

Are you willing to have an open mind on various subjects?

I'll be glad to discuss the Trinity with you.

Just send me a PM and I'll reply to you.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is so evil about reading your Bible in consecutive verses and books by yourself? Certainly, it is the Word of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit