If you could ask one question to an active JW to get them to open their mind about their beliefs, what would it be?

by Franklin Massey 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

This question was posed to me by a poster named Ice Cream. I don't know my answer yet. It's one of those, "If you could have just one wish.." kind of questions. It has me thinking and I'll post my question soon. In the meantime, what would yours be?

• Ding
    Ding

"If Jehovah wanted to get across to you that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is NOT His organization, what would He have to do to convince you?"

• gutted
    gutted

Is Matthew 24:45-47 a prophecy, or perhaps simply an illustration/parable about a good/bad slave?

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Who is mediator between you and God?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

A single question asked of a JW would never be enough to open their minds. Their emotional investment is too great.

By way of illustration, if you were to ask a "Witness curious" person what they would do if, as a JW, they were required to refuse a life saving blood transfusion for their child, they would likely stop and say "Wow, yeah, I think I'll give the JW's a miss"

A JW, by contrast, will likely need lots of little non-confrontational questions. And they'll probably have to be asked by himself

Welcome to the forum by the way

Pete

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

How do you refute the clear evidence from ice core drilling that there never was a world wide flood? Also the earth was never a hothouse as stated by jws as being the climate a few thousand yrs ago "pre flood"?

• ELPIRO
    ELPIRO

He would have to show me that the watchtower is wrong in not participating in wars like the rest of the so called Christians

That the watchtower is wrong in putting it’s faith in the kingdom and not man

That Christians are spread out in all sorts of organizations that think so differently about God they even go to war over it

He would have to show me that the WATCHTOWER is wrong regarding

The trinity

Hell

The purpose of God 4 the earth

That type of thing

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

So what was that question again ElPiro? I think I missed it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The question that I would ask El PIRO would be - what are you doing trolling on an apostate web site when the Watchtower specifically has told you not to do that?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

As many Witnesses are born into it , ''If you had been born into a Hindu family do you think you would have stayed a Hindu, or joined the Witnesses?''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit