10 Predictions of 2011

by free2beme 23 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

If everyone else can do these, get 90% wrong, and still be given the chance to do it again the next year ... like their an expert! Well then, I am going to, as well.

1. Isreal will have a full invastion happen, from two countries at once, in 2011. This will trigger a NATO response and a local nuclear attack on a military target.

2. Within three months of marriage, Prince William will annouce that his new wife is expecting.

3. The US economy will show a bounce back, until gas prices sky rocket in the summer and send it skidding down again at a faster rate then before. People will blame what ever party they do not vote for, ... and George W Bush.

4. Massive flooding will happen in the United States, Northwest Region, as the massive snow falls and cold winters are met with faster then expected higher temps in the Spring.

5. A massive hurricane will hit the East Coast, and be followed with one of equal power within only two days. Leaving the worst damage in US history from such storms in a single year. 1200 people will die.

6. The highest grossing movie of this year, will end up being one that no one has heard of yet and released limited and with a budget of less then $20k.

7. Bill Clinton will suffer a massive heart attack.

8. Three European countries will go bankrupt.

9. An unknown comet, will appear in the sky and be seen for nearly two weeks. This will happen in the late summer.

10. The highest recorded tempature on earth, will happen, as a heat wave kills thousands in Central America.

Okay, those sound like the normal for these type of things and I hit entertianment, weather, economy and politics. Let's see how right or wrong I was in 12 months. Please, add your own, I think it is fun and a form of 'things a Witness would never do!'

• JeffT
    JeffT

#4: typically here around Seattle are flooding happens in the fall, but for the sort of reasons you list. We get a big snow dump in the mountains, then it warms up and rains three days straight. We're expecting such an event this weekend.

A couple of mine:

Some pop singer will come out of no where to sell a zillion CD's. Lots of people will line up in the middle of the night to buy his/her stuff. The rest of us will wonder what's wrong with their taste in music.

The WTBS will announce that the Big A is like mircroseconds away on the scale of cosmic time. JW's will get excited about it for a couple of days.

Minimus will ask millions of questions.

Republicans and Democrats will argue about stuff, blame the problems on each other and do nothing to actually make things better. However they will collect a billion dollars in campaign funds so they can keep talkling and doing nothing.

JeffT will finally get a book published.

• wobble
    wobble

I hope your last one will come true Jeff T ! Good books are hard to find.

I predict that 1) Armageddon will not happen in 2011 (or ever)

2) The WT will come down even harder on Internet use.

3) Someone kissing the monkey (Shamus) will actually be seriously injured, more than just a few stitches as in the past.

4) That many more will join us from the active JW's as full members here, learning the truth about da troof.

I hope that last one comes true especially, the first one has just got to, Geez I am a prophet already (why do I sound Jewish ?)

• Giordano
    Giordano

Until I get my list together here's some predictions that didn't work out:

"We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."

Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"This ‘telephone’ has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."

--Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

--David Sarnoff’s associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"

--H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."

--Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

"Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find oil? You’re crazy."

--Drillers who Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to drill for oil in 1859

"The bomb will never go off. I speak as an expert in explosives."

--Admiral William Leahy, US Atomic Bomb Project.

"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau."

--Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929.

"Louis Pastueur’s theory of germs is ridiculous fiction."

--Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

"I’m just glad it’ll be Clark Gable who’s falling on his face and not Gary Cooper."

--Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."

• Giordano
    Giordano

1. Jesus will save the lost if they can find him.

2. Pig attacks will increase.

3. The Jolly Green Giant will turn out to be a Mexican.

4. Brother Dan will turn out to be someone else.

5. More and more JW'S will learn how to fake it including FS.

6. The drop out rate for born ins will increase to 75%

7. JW's will begin to DF members who set up a college fund for their children. The GB will state "this nonsense has to stop".

8. I will continue to not be a JW.

• free2beme
    free2beme

8. I will continue to not be a JW.

I hope that one comes true for anyone who is not a Witness right now, as well.

JeffT will finally get a book published.

lulu.com. Then it is all about promoting it. Getting a publisher to take on a 'no name' is very difficult. I have self published and been successful enough. Not retiring, but enjoying sharing the art.

• JeffT
    JeffT

free2beme, I'm going to post something soon on my current project. I think it may have some viability by I have been doing my research and I'm under no illusions of instant success. I've also looked into lulu.com. I'm going to jump on it this year if I can't engage an agent.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Beware, lots of scams out there. Most want you to pay for packages, and will print without even seeing your work. Basically, they would publish blank pages if you paid them the package. With agents, be careful of ones who want to hold your copyright or want large sums of your profit. Done this for awhile and researched a lot. I also have a group I work with at the YMCA, that are local authors, and heard of friends being scammed. Most like to use the story of JK Rowlings and her success. Like that is the normal. Ask around to friends, relatives, etc. Ask how many are really willing to buy a no name author. If they are honest, most will say none. Becomes all about self promotion and word of mouth.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I won't give anybody money to publish my work, although I think lulu charges a nominal fee for inclusion on some of the marketing programs. I won't work with an agent that is not a member of the AAR. I've heard the horror stories too.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

free2beme

i predict that you will have a succes rate far in advance of the Watchtower society on anything

(other than there own inhouse predictions that armageddon scares/dates always generate more $$$$)

see ya in 12 months!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit