Aussies, where are you and have you been affected by the floods?

by penny2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Oz isn't far from you, Penny. He'll be OK

• moshe
    moshe
    Moshe, that could be our very own unclebruce

Yes, he would do something like that- he has been missed here.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's not Unclebruce.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I'm in Brisbane, OK actually in Scarborough (Redcliffe Penninsula), about 30-40 min from Brisbane CBD, no flooding out here apart from a small amount around the water front, more a high tide problem. & the Gateway motorway being closed at Bracken Ridge (15min away) due to flooding. Lots of localised flooding in the greater Morton Bay Regional Council area, Strathpine & Caboolture both isolated for a time.

Huge amount of rubbish can be seen out in the Morton Bay having been washed down the Brisbane river.

Visited one of my jobs on saturday night in the CBD, very eirie feeling one block untouched, go around the corner and everything is in total darkness, piles of rubbish everywhere, the smell really bad.

Huge amount of damage done to the roads & not only where it flooded, just with the huge amount water falling from the sky.

Now the flooding has moved south to NSW & Victoria where in Vic we hear that a young boy has been killed in the floods.

Kevin

• penny2
    penny2

Kevin, good to hear from a Queenslander!

I saw in the forecast today that showers and possible storms are forecast for Brisbane for the next couple of days. I'm sure that's the last thing you need. Hope you get a break soon.

penny

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi penny

We have had a few days of good weather, & today it's been really hot (humid) and this afternoon storms have hit Brisbane bringing hail, and knocking power lines down, but luckly the storms have not arrived yet in Redcliffe.

The weather forcasters are warning that what we have experienced in the last weeks is only the beginning of a weather pattern that is going to last until spring time.

Hope they are wrong LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit