Aussies, where are you and have you been affected by the floods?

by penny2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was kyaking in my backyard today. Still wearing gumboots now.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Which suburb Trans? Both my kids live in Brisbane Wavell Heights and Nundah. Both high and dry.Yeah Smiddy, I spent 10 yrs of my life in Toowoomba, so know it intimately. Despite its height, it is in a bowl shape. Few people know that T'mba was a swamp before white settlement with permanent waterways that were filled in by the authorities over the last 140 years. A recipe for disaster that sadly happened last week....But much worse at Murphy's Ck and Grantham. That's where the majority died or were lost. The military are saying they may never be found.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm sure some of the places I used to work in are flooded, but that none of the houses I lived in are in the poo.

I hope your kayak was in good order TH. What else can I say?

How are Oz and his bro getting on?

Adelaide/etc. are at the business end of a huge catchment area. This makes me realize how lucky I am to live in a place where the catchment area is so close to the sea.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I lived in Nundah for a while in the late 60's. Had a loony relative there.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I'm in NW Victoria. There are major floods right through the area.Roads are damaged and fences are gone, lots of houses flooded.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Had one road flooded near my house in Melbourne.......looong detour.

• moshe
    moshe

It's not just people who have been made homeless by this massive flood in Australia--

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Great shot Moshe!

• penny2
    penny2

Moshe, that could be our very own unclebruce. He would do something like that.

And Aussie Oz, where are you?

penny

• penny2
    penny2

There's been a huge cleanup effort in Brisbane over the weekend - full credit to Queenslanders - disaster brings out the best in people sometimes.

Focus is now turning to Victoria where 46 towns are affected.

transhuman68 - hope you are safe! Witness007, you might have trouble getting to work today.

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit