Family Reunion this Summer and the delima that goes with it.......

by confuzzled777 13 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

So, this summer I have a family reunion to attend. We have not had one in a few years and am looking forward to getting together with my cousins. The problem is on my dad's side there are as many non-witnesses as there are witnesses. In the past years, it has been mainly the non-witnesses and my parents, sis (and family), bro and his wife who get together. But there are a few witnesses who also come.

Because we don't see each other every year, our reunion is on both Saturday and Sunday. 2 days of catching up, playing cards and eating! I was REALLY looking forward to going.

Then it dawned on my yesterday. I am disfellowshipped. My witness Aunt's/Uncle's and cousins are not supposed to talk to me, let alone eat and play cards with me. On the other hand.....the majority there will be non-witnesses.

I called my mom in a panick and half heartbroken last night to see what her and my dad thought. They said GO! If the witnesses don't want to talk to me, then that is up to them. I can just hang with the non witness family. SO I AM GOING TO GO!!

This just pisses me off more and more. The way that I am, I am going to feel bad for putting the witnesses in a bad position by just being present. Why does my joy need to be taken away from me in every direction? I am NOT a bad person and yet I am treated as if I have a contageous disease.

Heartbreaking. Thanks for listening........

• mamalove
    mamalove

Aww sweetie, yes GO! It will be fun. Go there, have a big smile on your face, hold your shoulders back and head high. Look fabulous and happy! They will expect you to be all green and pale and waifey and uncomfortable.

What kind of cards do you all play? Do you get to go away, or is it local? Sounds like fun!

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

YEH just go and order a gorilla gram for the most senior JW there!! They will all love it

HHG

• mamalove
    mamalove

Oh, one more thing....have you ever heard of a game called LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT? It is a dice game....so fun with a LONG table of people. It is fun to gamble with too. Google it, and start the game, bring one dollar bills, it is a blast!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Most definately go! All JW's are different. Some family JW's will shun, some will not. Hell....some non-JW family may act weird and some not.(LOL) Enjoy your time with your relatives.

Think About It

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Go! In my family, on my father's side, we have a mix of nonjws, jws, born-in jws, and born-in nonjws. Thankfully the nonjws outnumber the jws and are all aquainted with the bOrg madness and have ways to avoid taking about the wt bullshit. And sometimes I think that the jws are relieved not to have to talk about the wt bull anyway.

So go!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Go and enjoy your family reunion! I'm sure the JW relatives will be polite to you; concentrate in the non-JW and have a good time.

DY

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i'll be blunt:

GO, and fuck anyone who doesnt like it. it is the JW's decision to shun, and its their problem, NOT yours.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    i'll be blunt: GO, and fuck anyone who doesnt like it.

That is blunt, unless of course it's just a figure of speech.

Think About It

• flipper
    flipper

CONFUZZLED- Yes ! Definitely go and have a great time with your family. Don't feel guilty - that " guilt " was instilled into us by the WT society for just wanting to be normal. Like the other posters said just hang out with your non-witness relatives and be happy. Enjoy yourself. And if the JW's shun you, that's on them, not you - and THEY will look like the a-holes , not you. Might even wake up a JW or two if your non-witness relatives notice it. Have a great time ! Peace out, Mr. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit