The Phasing Out Of The Public Watchtower Magazine

by dontplaceliterature 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TMS
    TMS

"Let's see- One million JWs in north America will want one of those WT Epads= a good market for a handheld tablet- if they sell 500,000 of them the first year with a profit of $200 each that gives the WT a $100 million profit!! Plus, 1 million digital books sold at the summer conventions for $5.00 each- that is a lot more profit than they would get from printing books and they can furlough even more Bethel workers back to their home KH's. They can just print cheap paperback books for the Bible studies-

The WT WiFi 3G Internet for $50/mo can be a real cash cow for them, too."

Moshe. . . .ur dangerous. You're bringing the GB into the 21st century kicking and screaming! WT headphones, WT Epad cover and keyboard. These are all special order items. The cover and keyboard alone sell for $150 in "the world". The WT headphones are suitable for listening to Kingdom Melodies by the Society's orchestra. Windle, the Watchtower version of Kindle available to publishers only for a suggested contribution to the worldwide work of $150.

tms

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

...ok...this is just getting silly

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Pirata "I wouldn't be suprised to see the Public Edition of the Watchtower and Awake merged together"

I can see this as the first step to consolidate even more. Then maybe another 5 years later they will either do quarterly editions with special tract work.

They are losing money at a steady pace and they will need to continue to sell off property in New York and around the globe to stay afloat. It's pretty evident that they are hurting financially.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I'm not so confident that they are "hurting financially" as they can see the hand-writing on the wall, and are trying to pre-empt financial desperation. They obviously know more more about their financial situation than we do, and I can't imagine they would wait until they were "hurting" to start hedging themselves for the long-haul.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I can see the public w and g going bi-monthly, perhaps alternating each month, and then quarterly. But this would probably be many years away.

g has already gone from semi-monthly to monthly. The study edition of the w has about 14-15 million copies printed monthly (around 28 million for the public w) so there has been for several years now a decrease of 400 million fewer magazines printed yearly compared to before the change.

Perhaps those who were in the truth as long as I was (since 1976) remember how we used to get several books each year to use in fs. In the 90's this changed and now it is basically the bible teach book that gets all the focus in the fs. I was told that the reason we get fewer books in English is because of all the work involved to get each book into the scores of languages they now come out in. Still, I think the cut back is deliberate.

Most books are softcover now...

But I don't see the w being phased out. And now I read they will be publishing a new simplified English edition of the w too. The Watchtower and Awake! will continue to be published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit