The Phasing Out Of The Public Watchtower Magazine

by dontplaceliterature 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Yeah, but the Awake! is the least "weird" of the two, in my opinion.

• pirata
    pirata

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Public Edition of the Watchtower and Awake merged together. There's no real need to keep them seperate since they both target the general public.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The magazines were the excuse for everybody to give money to the WT. to avoid taxation they switch to donations only...... bad mistake. To save some money in taxes they stopped selling magazines and relayed only on donations. Bad business decision. Their delusion was their demise. Had they had acknowledged that it was a business, they would have continued getting profits, pay their required taxes and they would be strong still.

Now they only get donations, so no more forced payments, only optional payments. uh oh.

NO money = no jehovah's blessing

No money = less magazines

less magazines = even less donations.

What are they gonna do know?

Watchtower TXT edition (25 cents per text)? How bout a 900 number?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DON'TPLACELITERATURE:

It makes plenty of sense for them to phase the magazine out or at least greatly cut down on it. It is a standing joke and mostly ends up littering the landscape and is a waste of natural resources. Few JWs even read them, maybe if there is an interesting topic (which is to say, not very often).

UNDERCOVER:

You have a point about the magazine being a trademark for the religion. It is like their going 'door to door'. They are known for this and it is their 'claim to fame' so it is unlikely either of these things will be totally phased out. Maybe they will cut down to a large degree and maybe publish a special issue once in a while, just so the public will know they are still around.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Pirata "I wouldn't be suprised to see the Public Edition of the Watchtower and Awake merged together"

Yes, I agree. They could do a monthly public edition of "The Watchtower incorporating Awake! or they could cut back further and go to quarterly editions. I think they'll emphasize tract work & then straight into the Bible teach book.

• villabolo
    villabolo

No, they won't get rid of the beloved Bitchtower (Putalaya in Spanish). But I do agree that they are desperate to cut costs.

By the way, what happens to the study editions? Are Publishers allowed to take them home?

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Pirata:

"I wouldn't be suprised to see the Public Edition of the Watchtower and Awake merged together. There's no real need to keep them seperate since they both target the general public."

There's a major distinction between the two. The Bitchtower is a religious magazine written like a Reader's Digest. The Asleep is a Reader's Digest written with religious undertones.

Villabolo

• sd-7
    sd-7

lol @ villabolo. Spanish is truly a romantic language.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I wouldn't be suprised to see the Public Edition of the Watchtower and Awake merged together. There's no real need to keep them seperate since they both target the general public.

^ This.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@cyberjesus

I wouldn't be surprised if the the WTBTS got MORE money after they discontinued charging for the magazines. However, I would say that fewer and fewer people are taking the magazines, and THAT is the REAL PROBLEM.

Who knows...maybe eventually they'll just get paid donations to advise us by means of letters................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit