4/15/11 Watchtower--quote on ministerial servants

by sd-7 39 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they have a major shortage of hounders and assistant hounders. I have heard of teenagers being appointed as assistant hounders, and it is highly unusual for anyone to be appointed in under a year. But, I am hoping it gets so they have to appoint disfellowshipped people while they are still practicing the "sin" that they got disfellowshipped for. Either that, or they might have to start the unthinkable: Letting "SISTERS" take those positions.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I was an MS a year after being dunked. I thought I was the youngest in the UK but a few years later I knew a 16 year old who became an MS. We were both totally worthy, of serious mind and excelled in our microphone duties. Bit embarrassing taking the BS on the revelation book though - like how was I qualified to talk deep prophecy with a group of old people when I was so young I'd never even kissed a girl?

mmxiv

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a 17 year old "qualified MAN" who was appointed a MS.

I was 20 and then appointed as an elder at 24.

It's all about the "need" in the area.

• caliber
    caliber

Desperate times and local needs calls for desperate actions. Also young new ones are eager to serve and much easier to mold.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Letting "SISTERS" take those positions.

Probably will come to that There would be a ruddy great "shake down"
    in the Evil Slave's organization... Can I PLEASE fill that position

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Evil Slave's organization
    mouthy

Mouthy, thank you for saying it. I liked it. Its very loaded and much needed statement. I cannot agree more. I hope current JW reading this got to know what our experienced Mouthy has stated.

Scott77

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I was appointed an MS when I was 20 yrs old. That was in the 70's. But, really the qualifications, and the one year is requirement is not the ultimate qualification.

The hidden qualification is the exceeding 10 hrs per month service time. That's the true measuring stick.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Scott77

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Folks,

I forgot to mention in my thread above that I was doing parts in the meeting such as one of the parts in the kingdom Service, which was approx. 15 minutes or the concluding comments. When it came to Thursday night talks, I did either Talk No. 2 or 4., I was watchtower reader 3 Sundays out of the month.

This all happened in the late 70's in a small town in the Midwest. The reason for all this is we were a congregation of approx.25, with only 2 elders. There were no MS's in our congregation, I was barely 16 when this happen. This was very tough on me considering I was'nt very biblically intelligent. It was tough enough for me to do just my home work for school when I got home.

As we look back, most of us felt that the congregation should have been dissolved, which it was eventually. After that, we had to drive about 50 minutes to another Hall. Definitely glad thats over.

Happy Trails, Truth and Justice

• life is to short
    life is to short

Out here on the west Coast this has been going on for years. In my home congregation they once appointed a kid who was about 16 to be a MS. That was about 25 years ago. It was hell being a sister with this stupid kid as it all went to his head. He did not have a car but would boss around any woman he could. The older sisters in their 70's and 80's he treated with contempt. I was just in my early 20's and if he rode in my car it was hell as he would take over telling me how to drive and where to go and who to work with. I just blew the punk off, the older sisters told me I was not being very submissive. OMG He DA'ed in his early 20's and went really strange.

They also appointed a elder after he had been baptized just over a year. They appointed him a MS within like I would say six months and then an elder the next time the CO came around.

Also before the elder arrangement went into place they were using kids to conduct the school and everything. We have an older couple in this area who are in the late 80's I have known them all my life but they are very looked up to here. He even became a CO for awhile. But the wife always brags about how her sons and other kids were used to do the WT and conduct the school when they were 17 to 20 years old back in the mid 60's to early 70's.

So none of this is new it is just a different time then it was in the 60's and 70's the kids today are just a different breed then those of the Vietnam time.

I just cannot see the kids today jumping like they used to.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit