Don't know how to leave: FADE or DA letter?

by porfiada 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hi folks

I wondered if any of you ex elders can help me to figure out what my status is and therefore how to log out from the borg. I was baptized at 15, faded at 18. Never heard anything from the elders after their first visit, which wasn't about a big deal and had no conclusion. As far as i know I wasn't DF, as my mum would have known, as i guess i would have been notified.....I never went back in 17 years, then for many bad reasons including lack of internet LOL I began going to meetings again, now in a different country. The elders of the new congregation tried to get my records from my home country but didn't get any reply, so they said they will just have to take my word for it. When I asked about getting back into publishing they said i just had to keep on going to meetings and continue the "bible study" that I had with the wife of an elder. After a year of trying to keep up on the sunday meetings I realized that I was on the wrong track-thanks to the blood issue-, stopped my bible study and and then did my research on the "apostate" websites which I had never before dared to look at. I also stopped going to meetings right away and its been just over a month. So if I had already FADED 17 yrs ago and now I just turning up again but I did not even go publishing (though they did make card for me), should i write a DA letter to get out or just fade again? I couldn't have been re-instated because no announcement was ever made from the platform, plus that is for DFs. I just want to be left alone. I have been visited by the CO a few months ago and would hate to get called or visited again. I figure that if I just fade then sooner or later they will find something to DF me for anyway, which a little more upsetting than DAing myself.

I have nothing to lose, as my mum, the only JW in the family has passed away. And the new conditional friends I can live without.

Any ideas? Sometimes I feel so mad at the WTS and the self righteousness of JWs that I just want my name out.

Thanks!!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Boy, if that were my situation, I'd DA and write a really good letter to the elders. Who knows, you might plant a seed. The only reason to fade is to maintain ties with family members. Since that's not an issue for you, and you don't want to be DF'd, I'd do it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I just want to be left alone. I have been visited by the CO a few months ago and would hate to get called or visited again.

A simple DA letter sent via certified mail (with a return receipt) will quickly accomplish this. You will most definitely be shunned.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree that a DA letter is in order if you want this current group to leave you alone. Don't make it detailed and don't answer their calls for awhile afterward as they try (harder this time) to find your old records.

Just say

I, Portiada, have no desire to study with or attend meetings with Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not want to be a Jehovah's Witness and wish no further contact from the XYZ congregation or any others who represent Jehovah's Witnesses.

Make sure you don't talk to them anymore. If they didn't keep records, they will try to contact your family and your old congregation(s) again. Just don't speak to them, as they will want that info. supplied by you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Why give them the satisfaction of thinking they are important?

You are not leaving Jehovah's organisation because it isn't. It doesn't exist. It is a figment of someone else's imagination. A creation of loonies.

If they insist on talking to you, insist that they present you with a list of years of the Neo-Babylonian Empire showing which kings reigned in each year and quoting their sources. That is the only thing you want to discuss. Any question they ask is unimportant, because if they want to save you from their killer god at Armageddon they are going to have to answer your questions, with honesty and integrity, without trying to weasel their way out of it.

Make sure you understand how to ask the question, because if you get it wrong, they will use your loophole to jump through and annoy you. Get it right and insist on an honest answer, and they will either leave the cult or stop annoying you.

a list of years of the Neo-Babylonian Empire showing which kings reigned in each year

Don't do it for them .............. make them do it

• Ding
    Ding

I'd just fade again unless they kept hounding me.

In that event, I'd DA.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I wouldn't do anything. You have the advantage of having no JW family to worry about, so who cares?

Whatever you do, do it for yourself, and not to give them any favours. Write a DA letter if you really want to, but only do it if it helps you in putting the organisation behind you.

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hi again

Thanks for your feedback. I guess i will just leave it for now, as my fellow kiwi black sheep said, I won't give them the satisfaction of playing by their rules, unless they start pestering me! I know they won't come to my house because since my husband made it clear to me that they were not welcome, they never tried. When the CO came we had to meet on the street. I will studying full time from next week, so hopefully my mind will be onto better things than thinking about the borg. I am so glad that it isn't the TRUTH afterall, as I had a great time when i first faded! Also my son was picking it up quickly, so had I stayed longer he would be shunning me if I left! UFFFFF what a relief!

Cheers

• porfiada
    porfiada

Hey! can you tell me please WHERE do you do-up your profile??? I have been to the website for the pic and said where I am located and yet this profile says nothing!

• porfiada
    porfiada

@Blacksheep

You left me intrigued about the kings of neobabylon empire. Is it just something to pest them with or it is to make a point about some teachings of the WTS? Please let me know what do have in mind....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit