I Got Called By One of the Elders Yesterday (I think)

by OnTheWayOut 20 Replies latest jw friends

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

Very interesting. He may question others if they heard from Alvin then he may start wondering who he really was talking to. It was funny. We've been in large city where they had North & South Unites. He probably just made a mistake and it will hit him later & try & figure out who he was talking to.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

There's an echo in here.

• mamalove
    mamalove

At least you know that people are not rampantly gossiping about you, hence the reason he was confused on your status. Pretty funny story!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Now that was funny.

• pirata
    pirata

LOL!!!

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Funny experience. If you had played along you could have REALLY freaked this guy out and told him you had a letter from the society indicating that there were to be no more meetings held ! New light. You know- persecution's starting and everything. Wouldn't THAT have started a $hit storm . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    At least you know that people are not rampantly gossiping about you, hence the reason he was confused on your status. Pretty funny story!

We are not reading the story the same way. He was sure I was someone else with the same first name. He thought I was this elder in 'South' and he couldn't understand why I wasn't more conversational with an elder he serves shoulder-to-shoulder with.

It has nothing to do with whether they are rampantly gossiping about me. They very well might be.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I loved it. I have had strange things happen sort of like that. The other day I was at Home Depot and this sister from a small town about an hour and half away was there with her elder husband. They apparently have not heard the gossip about me or my husband being deleted. She kept on talking about how great RBC is an how I really should sign up what a blessing from Jehovah it is to work for free for the weekend, and then her elder husband came up all smiles and he did not have a clue my husband was deleted as an elder and was talking elder talk to him. I just let it go. But I wonder what they will think when they hear the gossip on us.

LITS

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hey LITS - when that kind of thing happens it reminds me of how free we are. It's amazing how easy it is to just sit back and let the JW just chatter away and think, "I'm so glad I made it out of there"... LOL

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Hello Lioncask, I noticed what you said about the Borg mind trick. I thought I was the only person to notice the similarity between the congregation and the collective. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile... But back to the main point, I don't think it's deliberate, if that mob are anything like they are over here in the UK, well, we have an expression. Couldn't find their ass with both hands...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit