thanks, bizzy, sammie, and beks

by DaCheech 51 Replies latest social current

• Gregor
    Gregor

The three usual suspects and others in the same category shown above have been building their political (not XJW) personas on this site for 2+ years. They rarely if ever post anything addressing the core purpose of this site. Obviously their true interests lie elsewhere.

They have done their part part to discourage respectful dialogue on political issues. They seem to have a natural bent for snide put downs, harsh character judgements, posting long clips of extreme, obscure pundits who they agree with while declaring pundits on the conservative side as unnacceptable sources of rebuttal. Their approach closely resembles the trash talk of college football fans before the big game. They are boastful in victory, spiteful in defeat.

They have turned this part of JWN into their playpen. Fortunately, there are several posters here who have the patience to provide rebuttals. Sorry, but in this case I think it is pearls before swine. One finds it easy to be pulled down into their game of snark.

They are here to make noise and provoke. They are not interested in changing minds or discussing a truly interesting subject, how we are governed.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

gregor, that is making my point clearly.

I used to come here for "jehovahs witness stuff" and rarely put my 2cents of bush bashing.

After catching a wiff of their political aroma, I "saw the light".

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Excellent insight, excellent post, Gregor.

bullseye

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my wife's got one that works with her

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

While I don't agree with them very often, I think that they're very passionate about what they believe in even when they're completely wrong.

As for the purpose of this site, I believe it is to be a place where former JW's can meet and talk about whatever they want.

Sorry, but in this case I think it is pearls before swine.

I don't know if I would equate what they believe with "pearls" but yes Gregor they have thrown them before you.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sooner, I gave my comment on the thread. Your last comment above is a perfect example of the old playpen "I know you are but what am I?" My, how clever.

Didn't you start a thread recently titled-

We should have a thread where a person could give a brief overview of their stance on any subject without the bickering that normally accompanies.

??

• Farkel
    Farkel

gregor,

:Fortunately, there are several posters here who have the patience to provide rebuttals. Sorry, but in this case I think it is pearls before swine. One finds it easy to be pulled down into their game of snark.

Yeah. I learned my lesson on that one. I may be a slow learner, but I did learn that I wasted valuable time trying to dialogue with actual arguments and rebuttals.

"Never wrestle with a pig. First, the pig likes it, and second you can't win." - Mark Twain

Farkel

• journey-on
    journey-on

I agree with almost NOTHING politically from these three women. I firmly believe one of them actually hates America. Yet, I find it very interesting that a few years ago, when someone posted a topic asking for five (or some number...I forget) people you would like to have a beer with, I named two of the three mentioned in this post. Funny, Gregor, you were also someone I mentioned and that was before I knew your "relationship" with the other two!

Now that's weird!!!! They may be out in left field, but................

• Gregor
    Gregor

I call 'em as I see 'em. So do they. So be it.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Ah Snap! Ol' Gregor showed me didn't he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit