Study Participants Wanted

by JW_Researcher 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Please contact Kira directly if you're interested.

My name is Kira Harris and I am a PhD student at Edith Cowan University. The aim of my research is to further the understanding of the disengagement process through in-depth interviews with participants who self-identify as ex-members of entatitive social groups. This information will then be used to fulfil the requirements of the PhD and research publications.

As a participant of this study, I would like to arrange for an interview to discuss your experiences in disengaging and exiting from your group. This interview will be held either face-to-face at a location convenient to you, or via skype or phone, and is expected to last about one hour. The interviews will be audio-recorded so the researcher can refer to your comments, and the tapes and notes will be stored in a locked cabinet and destroyed five years after the completion of the study. However, if you are uncomfortable with being audio-recorded the researcher can conduct the interview and take written notes. Participation is voluntary and you may withdraw your consent at any stage of the interview or research process.

Given the sensitivity of data, your participation will be kept confidential and your data will be de-identified through the use of pseudonyms and codes. During the transcription phase, if information arises that may lead to your identification the researcher will contact you to discuss the option of removing the data.

It is requested that information regarding criminality is not discussed within the interview. However, if a criminal event is part of the psychological experience of disengagement, please refrain from disclosing details of other identities and/or locations. This is to prevent any risk of the researcher being subpoenaed and being legally obliged to discuss the details of the interview.

If you would like to participate in this research or would like more information, please contact me on 0409 136 117 or [email protected].

This research project is being undertaken as part of the requirements of a PhD at Edith Cowan University and has been approved by the ECU Human Research Ethics Committee. If you have any concerns or complaints about the research project please contact the researcher, supervisors or independent person within the ECU research ethics board.

Researcher: Kira Harris, 0409 136 117 , kira.harris "at" ecu.edu.a u

• shamus100
    shamus100

DON'T DO IT! SHE'LL STICK YOU WITH NEEDLES AND HURT YOU!!! AND PUT YOU IN A CAGE!!! DON'T CALL, I BEG OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

I spent my formative years in a research centre.... :*(

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They put on a Rubber glove and then stick a finger in your bum..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

Actually, I had oven cleaner sprayed on shaved areas of my body daily for weeks. :*(

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I edited your post to remove code that was disruipting the forum code

• shamus100
    shamus100

LADY LEE! HOW COULD YOU!!!! VILE!!!! :0

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I would like to arrange for an interview to discuss your experiences in disengaging and exiting from your group. This interview will be held either face-to-face at a location convenient to you, ...

Alrighty. Meet me at Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago, Illinois, USA tomorrow (Jan. 12, 2011) in the Fern Room at 1 PM (local time). I will be wearing the same hat and sunglasses I am wearing in my avatar pic. Don't be late. Use the codephrase: "Jack Sprat could eat no fat" and I will answer with "Must have been tough to dine out."

Seriously though. It takes a lot to gain trust on these boards.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Lady Lee: thank you for cleaning up the post.

Privacy/confidentiality: Similar concerns were expressed when I solicited participants a few years ago (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/130053/1/Academic-Survey-Ex-JW-Participants-Needed ).

If you are the least bit concerned, please do not participate in this or any study. In this case, the study seems legitimate (it came via academic circles) and you can check further with the contacts below.

Obviously, no one has to participate so....if it is not within your comfort zone, simply ignore the request.

More info:

Research Ethics Officer, Edith Cowan University, 270 Joondalup Dr, Joondalup, WA, 6027, (08) 6304 2170, [email protected]

Supervisors:

Dr. Andrew Woodward; 6304 5019; [email protected]

Dr. Anne Aly; 6304 5095, [email protected]

• jay88
    jay88

In this case, the study SEEMS legitimate (it came via academic circles),....

>>>>>>>>>

I'm sold!!!!!...... (you go first)-----I need pictures and documentation!

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I'm sold!!!!!...... (you go first)-----I need pictures and documentation!

Jay88 (related to WAC?), I think you might misunderstand. No one is selling anything. The participation would be to advance the project. Goes on all the time. Perhaps it's best that you simply ignore the information.

For others more open to academic research, the study is mentioned elsewhere on the web. A quick Google search turned up

http://icsahome.com/infoserv_respond/news_member.asp?Subject=ICSA+Member+Update+1%2F6

http://www.secureaustralia.org.au/index.php/researchers/view/495

https://sites.google.com/site/organisationalexitstudy/home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit