Westboro Baptist Church will picket funeral of "911 girl" killed in Arizona

by Gerard 67 Replies latest social current

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

How is it that this little girl is dead, and yet Fred Phelps is still allowed to breathe? Further proof that god doesn't exist.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They're just like flame-baiting trolls, just that they're trolling the real world.

• Gerard
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

Well kyser, if there is a God, then I don't think Fred Phelps and his followers have much to look forward to...

Can you imagine living with that much hate in your heart? Wow...

• Gerard
    Gerard

Shortly after the Tucson shooting, Fred Phelps recorded this video and posted it on YouTube, where Phelps praises Jared Loughner and thanks God for the "marvelous work" by the violent shooter. The clip ends with Phelps praying for more shootings and death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZe_tA4PrE&feature=related

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I can't even stomach to listen to this guy. If you don't believe in evil...you have to after seeing this guy. "Thank God for the violence in Tucson?!?" No wonder why so many people think badly about Christianity. I would reject it too if I thought this was how you were supposed to think and behave. It really saddens and angers me. But I think this is just a steam pot that is getting ready to explode. People are not going to remain peacefull with this church for much longer.

• darthfader
    darthfader

This is about as close to yelling fire in a crowded theater as one can get.

I think its only going to be a matter of time before a group goes to Topeka Kansas and "pickets" their place of worship or homes or businesses.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

This is one of the reasons I believe in "free speech", without it we wouldn't know about the likes of Fred Phelps.

It is important to know that there are people out there that feel this way AND that they put out thier views and propoganda.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    But political persuasions don't matter, she said. Republicans, Democrats, independents, right, left and center -- they've all offered their support. Forty-two people have signed up on a Facebook page called "Build Angel Wings for the Westboro Funeral Counter-Protest and Meeting," and more than 4,500 have signed up on another page to "Show Support for the Families of the Tucson Shooting Victims."

• VM44
    VM44

I heard something on the radio about the Westboro Baptist Church demonstrators (picketers?) shaking down local communities, and receiving $17,000 settlements.

Anyone know anything abou that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit