Thousands of Muslims Form Human Shield to Protect Christian Neighbors

by BabaYaga 27 Replies latest social current

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You are all so very welcome, my Lovelies! Thank you all so much for your comments.

And please... feel free to spread the word...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, so tearfully beautiful!

• leavingwt
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wonderful, Baba. God loves everyone. I profoundly believe he sees the good in ALL of his children.

• Farkel
    Farkel

“thousands” of Muslims, including “the two sons of President Hosni Mubarak,” joined them, acting as “human shields” to protect the Christians from terrorist attacks. The Muslims organized under the slogan “We either live together, or we die together!”

Well, great. Assuming there were 100,000 who did that (there were probably just a FEW thousand) and assuming that the average estimate of all Muslims is 1,000,000,000 members, that's a whopping .0001 PERCENT of all Muslims.

That would be one THOUSANDTH of ONE PERCENT of them or .000001 of them.

Isn't that special? At least its a start. If we could just add 900,000 more of them doing the same thing, we would be up to 1% of them and only have 99% of them who hate everyone else but them. So we only have 999,000,000 of them to quit hating us and get out of the Dark Ages, folks!

Farkel

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If we could just add 900,000 more of them doing the same thing, we would be up to 1% of them and only have 99% of them who hate everyone else but them.

Do you really think they could all gather in a finite space? Get real.

• tec
    tec

Well... I don't think "Christians" could say that a few thousand of them did something like that during the crusades.

All this time people are saying... if there are peaceful muslims, why don't they do something about those of them who AREN'T peaceful... and, well, here it is. They stood up. They showed that not all muslims are extremists who want to annihilate everyone else (I know most people know this, but too many people don't know this). That is huge.

I am filled with love and respect for each of those people who stood for peace - risking their lives, and not committing one bit of violence to do so.

Tammy

edited to add: I could be wrong about the christians (probably smaller number though), as it might have gotten swept under the rug, or they might just have been killed.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

tec said:

Well... I don't think "Christians" could say that a few thousand of them did something like that during the crusades.

All this time people are saying... if there are peaceful muslims, why don't they do something about those of them who AREN'T peaceful... and, well, here it is. They stood up. They showed that not all muslims are extremists who want to annihilate everyone else (I know most people know this, but too many people don't know this). That is huge.

I am filled with love and respect for each of those people who stood for peace - risking their lives, and not committing one bit of violence to do so.

Beautifully said and I agree whole-heartedly.

• Farkel
    Farkel

There are many very decent and kind Jehovah's Witnesses who are good not because of their religion, but despite their religion.

Muslims are no different, but in both examples their religions are vile and evil. But there are some vast differences in my analogy between the two faiths. There are only 7 million or so JWs. There are 993 million MORE Muslims than JWs. JWs aren't suicide bombers and don't randomly blow up innocent people in order to kill a few "guilty" people. JWs only wish for that to happen. Muslims actually MAKE that happen. JWs don't murder their daughters for being raped. They just ruin their lives. JWs don't cut off the the clitorises of their daughters. They just do their best to make sure their daughters don't enjoy using them.

That was all I was saying.

Like others, I celebrate and respect and love those who are good and decent despite what their religions teach and despite the fact that most in their religions are just the opposite.

Farkel

• tec
    tec
    Like others, I celebrate and respect and love those who are good and decent despite what their religions teach

I never doubted it, Farkel. I just also happened to get a Quran (or my husband did) for Christmas. I'm currently reading a book that Shelby sent me (so good), but I looked through the Quran a bit last night. I can't comment too much on it, until I read the whole way through... but I did see a lot of "you can punish for whatever, but God is merciful, and loves those who are merciful." There was a lot of emphasis during the first bit on mercy being the 'higher ground' so to speak. Now I know that just because a holy book says something, doesn't mean that the religion teaches it without corrupting it. But from what I read so far, I think that there certainly can be muslims who still follow their holy book and remain peaceful. Perhaps they choose to see the good, more than the bad.

Just a consideration. I'll post about it after I've actually read it all the way through, probably in a month or two. I just thought it might be important to actually read the book, rather than listen to what other people tell me it says.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit