Thousands of Muslims Form Human Shield to Protect Christian Neighbors

by BabaYaga 27 Replies latest social current

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Examiner.com
    Thousands of Muslims form "human shield" to protect Christian neighbors

* January 10th, 2011 10:24 am ET
    * By Hunt Henion, Practical Spirituality Examiner

A bombing at a Coptic church in Egypt killed 21 people and injured 79 more on New Year's day.

Although the identity of the terrorists was not known, it was assumed that they were Muslim extremists, and religious tensions immediately began to rise, which is probably what the terrorists wanted.

However, a show of unity between the religious factions was evident by last Thursday night on the Coptic Christmas Eve. “As Egyptian Copts attended mass at churches across the country, “thousands” of Muslims, including “the two sons of President Hosni Mubarak,” joined them, acting as “human shields” to protect the Christians from terrorist attacks. The Muslims organized under the slogan “We either live together, or we die together!”

Egypt’s majority Muslim population stuck to its pledge to collectively fight for an Egypt free from sectarian strife, dramatically demonstrating that people everywhere want peace!!

This could very well be the most significant story in a long time, and yet, I don't believe it's covered in any western mainstream mass media.

Millions of Christians are prejudiced against Muslims. I've heard preachers passionately explain why the Islamic community is innately evil. Yet, here they are, thousands of Muslims, constructively trying to build community and pull their country together by protecting their Christian neighbors!

Help break down old prejudices by sharing this story with your friends.

This year, let's spread awareness of all the good in the world and watch it grow!

Blessings!

Hunt

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Thousands of Muslims form "human shield" to protect Christian neighbors - National practical spirituality | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/practical-spirituality-in-national/thousands-of-muslims-form-human-shield-to-protect-christian-neighbors

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hahaha!

I love you, Baba-darlin!

This was a great story and needs to be told. And acknowledged.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I know why you giggle, Beautiful One.

Any morsel of hope is a treasure to be shared, indeed.

~~~

edited to say, oops! I only THOUGHT I knew why you were giggling! We may share sources but you were quicker on the draw...

• tec
    tec

Awesome story! Thank you for finding it and sharing it. And yes... it SHOULD be making big news. What a fantastic act of courage and peace.

Tammy

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

How refreshing to get an article with a positve outcome. I spend a lot of time in Indonesia, which is the largest Muslim country in the world. Yes, I have met bigots and religious fools but the vaste majority have been kind thoughtful balanced individuals who just want a contented life and friendly interaction.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Poppa Doof!!! My heart leaps to see you.

And thank you, Tammy. Yes, big news indeed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow, baba! I don't want to forget this story. Thanks for bringing it here.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

Very heart warming. I am glad you posted it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    I only THOUGHT I knew why you were giggling!

LOL

No, I was giggling. I made a few comments on another thread re: radical Muslims, and was accused of being "ignorant, uninformed and prejudiced".

As if my entire life's philosophy was given away by a couple of comments and a certain book I read once.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I saw an interview with Deepak Chopra today. He was asked what we could do to stem this tide of anger and hatred that has been rising. He said essentially to share the good. If we all determine to spread the good with as much fervor as we have been spreading the negative, we might start a positive and spreading wave.

In other words, thank you for this story Baba!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit