How Would You Respond to this PM?

by AudeSapere 22 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

I wouldnt respond with any information... Anyone who says they might know me would only bring trouble. Instead, I would follow Nugget's advice and turn the tables on them and ask them for inforation.

good luck

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sounds like a 'snake in the grass' to me!

I'd like to know who the poster who sent you the PM is so that the rest of us can be on the look out.

• sabastious
    sabastious

"Something I read" that I do not wish to disclose makes me think I know you.

SCAM!

(and kinda funny too).

-Sab

• jay88
    jay88

Can someone say nigerian scam!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fishing for Information..

Don`t Bite..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• mamalove
    mamalove

Just playing the other side....maybe they are newly awakening, and they do not understand protocol, suspicion and mistrust on JW websites because the organization has proven to get into people's personal business to the extent of using mole's on websites?

I agree with PP though. Get them to tell you more about them so you can feel comfortable.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What everyone else said. Don't give anything without getting something from them, first.

I have given personal info to a few people here via PM, but only long-timers who are obviously on the up and up. Never to a noobie. Trust can be earned but after belonging to a cult prudence is recommended.

• undercover
    undercover
    How Would You Respond to this PM?

Something in one of your posts tells me I might know you. I'm a newcomer to this site, so I don't know how to proceed. Perhaps you can give me a few more clues about yourself to see if I am right about who you are? No matter what I will not share it with anybody. I'm just curious and it might lead to a happy reunion of friends...

Answer:

"Why don't you just tell me who you think I am and I'll let you know if you're right or not..."

• laverite
    laverite

mkr32208 wrote: "Who cares if you get outed? You clearly realize what a giant load of mott droppings the entire thing is so who cares. When the elders show up at your door tell them it will be a cold day in hell before you get called on the carpet by a bunch of janitors then give them a foot in the ass to help them on their way. Christ what are you all 10?"

Hello!!!! Have you ever been a JW???? It's MUCH more than just being "...called on the carpet by a bunch of janitors." If you're a born-in, it's a LOT more complicated than that. For many born-ins and converts here on JWN, it's about marriages, children, families. Potentially losing everything. Again, HELLOOOOOOO anyone home? IF you are single and don't have family that will shun you or don't have JW family, then maybe it's no big deal -- nothing to lose. But come on, try to have some understanding.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Just playing the other side....maybe they are newly awakening, and they do not understand protocol, suspicion and mistrust on JW websites because the organization has proven to get into people's personal business to the extent of using mole's on websites

I have to agree with the above statement of Mamalove. I did this myself when I first started here in 2002. I contacted a poster I thought I recognized. The poster was rather snippy and understandably so. So maybe it's an innocent pm---

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit