Did you have a relationship with...

by stillin9 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin9
    stillin9

When you were in the Org, did you ever really have a relationship with Jehovah? If so, how did this relationship manifest itself? Was it just a warm fuzzy feeling when you prayed? Or was he really real to you?

I personally have trouble understanding this concept of having a relationship with the creator and wanted to hear your experiences.

-Stillin9

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yes, but he wore a condom and told me he loved me.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Stillin,

Nice to meat you! In answer to your question, "Yes", I always felt that I had a relationship with him. I never doubted for a moment that he could not help me. I pray to him continually thru the day, because he says that he loves those that have affection for him.

He also disciplines those he loves by making them see that he wants the worship and love. Because of it, I am out of the organization, and spending my time only with the Bible. I certainly feel better knowing that I don't have any constraints put on my mind. That makes Jehovah happy, and he makes life more bearable for me, and many good rewards along the way.

Please understand this very important point that I am going to make: Many people have decided to shove Jehovah to the side because of their feelings and emotions that have resulted from the over burdensome rules and regulations of men. It has caused some to become agnostic or even an athiest. It was never Jehovahs fault, he never changed in his love, it has always been there.

Until the next time,

Sincerely, Truth and Justice

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah is, always has been, and always will be, the abusive step-parent that will not let me actually experience anything worthwhile. Optimism the key? Not when that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag always uses that as a sign that he needs to be even more aggressive at squashing any hope.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Sadly I got "lucky" and after my baptisam I had 3 seperate studys comming to the meetings.

I assumed this was Jehover blessing me. (Ie a personal relationship with Jehover)...It was simply on the ministry I found people who were interested in things we had in common.(Ie we listernd to music or watched films when i had a bible study, and they came to the meetings out of friendship)

The good thing is iam still friends with my friends. Many so called" brothers "drew a line on my friendship when i left.

Acolytes.(who doesnt have a personal friendship with Jehover anymore)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, only felt a void. Jehovah never felt real to me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jah and I used to cruise the meatmarket bars on Friday night/Saturday morning. He had a jones for gals named Mary.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I thought I did but the second I woke up and knew the JW's were BS I lost my feelings with Jehovah. I still feel like there is something out there I just don't know what to call it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you were in the Org, did you ever really have a relationship with Jehovah?

Yes, but he wore a condom and told me he loved me......Free2bMe

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure I did, but he didn't have one with me.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit