CO will sit in on my "study" this week: any suggestions?

by InterestedOne 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I see we are posting past each other. ! cor 2:8 says the archons of this age were resposnible for crucifying Jesus. These archons were ignorant of the divine mystery at work and had they known it, would not have killed him..... Elsewhere Paul uses the term archon in reference to ruling archons in heavenly places and the demon archon of the air, clearly spirits are meant. This is large topic though an I can't do it justice now. I need to crash. Good luck.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:We did pars 17-20 last week.

Wow! Four paragraphs in an hour!

Maybe you are rushing things a little and should cut it down to just one paragraph every 30 minutes.

Farkel

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Really though, you don't have this DO sit in on your study. You have a right to cancel or to suspend the study completely. I never understood why people practically line up to have a DO sit on a study unless you were really trying to show-off or kiss ass. I mean they practically kill themselves to do this! I never had any interest to willingly spend my money to entertain a speaker for the week just because of who HE is. I hope that all you are doing is getting information but be on guard because of the different tactics that are being used on you.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    Wow! Four paragraphs in an hour!
    Maybe you are rushing things a little and should cut it down to just one paragraph every 30 minutes.

Good point. When I started the study, I would take forever just to get through a paragraph because I would question them on everything. Over time, as I started to get a feel for how they respond to questions, I think sheer exhaustion led me to just go along to get an overview. Yes, I am still asking questions - hence this thread, but sometimes even though their responses are not satisfactory, I just let them know I'm not satisfied & we move on. It is amazing how slick they are though with what they are constructing in their minds concerning me. In one instance, I said "I understand your reasoning, but. . ." and he finished for me ". . . but you don't accept it." Notice the double meaning & mis-communication. In my mind, "don't accept it" means even though I understand his line of thinking, I think there might be something wrong with it, but can't put my finger on it. In his mind, "don't accept it" means he has given me solid reasoning but I am refusing to accept it. He changed it from an intellectual problem to an attitude problem. That's just nasty.

• Ding
    Ding
    When I started the study, I would take forever just to get through a paragraph because I would question them on everything. Over time, as I started to get a feel for how they respond to questions, I think sheer exhaustion led me to just go along to get an overview.

This is one of the ways the WTS sucks people in.

I remember when I studied I started out with lots of questions but the JWs seemed to have an answer for everything.

Whether the answers really held water or not, they seemed supremely confident of everything they said so I tended to believe them.

After a short time, I asked fewer and fewer questions and just said, "Uh huh."

It's like a salesman who talks glibly and enthusiastically until the customer just gives in and buys.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In his mind, "don't accept it" means he has given me solid reasoning but I am refusing to accept it.
    He changed it from an intellectual problem to an attitude problem. That's just nasty.....Interestedone

If you would just accept JW Reasoning you wouldn`t have a problem..

"Don`t think..The WBT$ is always right..End of Story"..

http://cfrukids.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/3d_tin_robot.jpg?w=225&h=300

...................... ...OUTLAW

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

If your study is terminated, they won't think it's because the org's answers weren't satisfactory, it'll be because you weren't "honest-hearted" enough to believe in them.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    If your study is terminated, they won't think it's because the org's answers weren't satisfactory, it'll be because you weren't "honest-hearted" enough to believe in them.

I know. It's messed up. I only typed that with some glimmer of hope that the conductor or my friend might have a moment of clarity.

• Farkel
    Farkel

ding

:I remember when I studied I started out with lots of questions but the JWs seemed to have an answer for everything.

:Whether the answers really held water or not, they seemed supremely confident of everything they said so I tended to believe them.

Right. So a better way to phrase it is "but the JWs seemed to have a RESPONSE for everything." This is exactly what they have. They don't have many real answers, but they ALWAYS have a response, even if they have to pull it out of their underwear.

Farkel

• boyzone
    boyzone

InterestedOne

I wish I had a friend like you when I was studying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit