Did you like the Society's calendars?

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

YW 3 dogs. I was about to give birth to a very sick baby and have a big time with the blood issue. Poor kid.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Awwhhh man such crap! I hope he made out ok inspite?! BASTARDS!

The joy on your face is sooooooooo real....

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Thank goodness that baby is not a jw now.
    FlyingHighNow

OMG! What a wonderful blessing for you. The pain of having a family member within the cult can be traumatically troubling. Thanks for sharing.

Scott77

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

What a useless waste of gloss paper - my personal experience: In many places I see two calendars next to each other: A'worldly' one, and one 'theocratic' calendar - constantly synchronizing between them holidays and magazine days.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Holy Spirit wasn't powerful enought to get them as far as Fuerte. I haven't actually seen one since 2004

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Not really, the only one that I liked was the nature one from 2007.

I once visited a KH where they framed the calendar pictures from 2006 and hanged them in the entrance.

• finally awake
    finally awake

useless wastes of paper in my opinion

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

What the hell good is a calendar without holidays? Never liked them.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I agree. Though I perfectly understand why they didn't include holidays, with kids in public school, you needed to know when the federal holidays were because there was no school. I also didn't like the schedule laid out for you as far as Bible reading and daily text went. It was just a very transparent attempt to control every aspect of your life.

• not bitter
    not bitter

No I didn't. But can I just add that I bought a calendar for my mum in December which was from my 5 year old daughter and was full of sweet poems about nana's.

Now which calendar do you think my mother has up on the wall? The sentimental one from her darling grand daughter or the societies???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit