Did you like the Society's calendars?

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I always thought they were the most boring things I'd ever seen. A picture of someone preaching in a different land every month.

I always ended up hanging something far more entertaining, like an NFL calendar.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We do not have them.....thankfully Sister Blues shares your opinion Jimmy, although she would not say so at the Hall.

I saw one when I visited her sister....I thought it was a rubbish picture , totally uninspiring.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They're also a lot smaller than they used to be. Maybe that's a benefit for JWs who feel obliged to hang it up but don't want it to take up as much space as a Lonely Planet one would, for example.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What is there to like? You can't even use them for starting fires (the demons don't let them burn!)

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

no, i actually hated them. Really boring images that I wouldn't want to look at. If they sold them in stores, I'd never buy them.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've always like them. They carry the themes of our Organization. What else did you expect?!

It's not mandatory to get them. So, don't.

DY

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't like them.

First, they are smaller than they used to be. You get two months on a page, reducing the amount of space for writing necessary things like appointments--and now they are even smaller. Then, the pictures are tacky--and they even have guilt trips written on the calendars themselves! Some are in the form of reminders to do field circus. I, for one, would never have one of those God-machine calendars in my place again if given the choice.

I would rather pay $14.99 for a good calendar than get one of those eyesore pieces of crap free.

• man in black
    man in black

never had one, never used one.

• yknot
    yknot

My favorite....

• Open mind
    Open mind

My favorite feature is the reminder for "Magazine Day".

It's EVERY, FRIKKIN' SATURDAY!!!

But, in case you happen to forget, it's right there for you.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit