Something for you to consider, Farkel

by journey-on 17 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

If you decide not to continue telling your story, that is totally understandable to me after the comments from yesidid and dontplaceliterature. However, the majority of us would love to hear the rest of it and I think you would love (even NEED) to write it. I'm sure you are well aware that the majority of us on this board have a certain kind of affection for you and respect, and we value your point of view and your opinions. I know that you already know that.

You only get to "know" someone over a length of time, and it takes more than a handful of posts to begin to understand a person, although without hearing them and seeing them face to face, you can never really get the complete picture. But you are one of those people that looms large and some of us would very much like to see the portrait painted with your own words.

Dontplaceliterature seems to me to be envious and self-absorbed....one of those people that just LOVES to hear himself talk. (You know the type I'm talking about.) In my personal opinion, he doesn't appear to be who and what he says he is. I get the feeling he's been here before, if you get my drift. I won't say anymore than that. I don't know what yesidid's problem is, but I'm betting it's more "political" than anything. For some, that carries over into other issues and they allow it to color EVERYTHING they think about you. Oh, well! She can suck big green ones, too, imho.

HERE IS MY POINT. Those kinds of people that try to pick you apart, criticize and berate you, may actually be beneficial to your telling your story in the long run. The negative nellies can sometimes expose those tender spots and help you look at parts you have hidden or repressed. If you can stand the criticism....if you can walk through the fire....it may actually help you write pieces of your story in ways you hadn't thought about before.

Whataya think?! (That's not a rhetorical question. I really want your answer and thoughts.) Anybody else?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Farkel, I don't agree with you all the time. I haven't read any of your story yet. But you should tell your story.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ditto

• streets76
    streets76

Farkel, you should tell your story not because anyone wants to hear it, but because you are compelled to tell it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm in agreement with FHN

• TD
    TD

Yes Farkel,

I've interacted with you on the internet for close to 15 years now and would love to hear it. That should count for more than the opinions of people that don't know you.

• VM44
    VM44

Farkel,

I am in the camp that would like to read the rest of your story.

As for comments you might receive here, the words of Admiral David Farragut might be worth considering,

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

--VM44

• minimus
    minimus

I too am wondering if I should put out my life's story for the world to see. It's not an easy decision.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

yesidid,

:The sad part is Farkel spoke of how his mother alienated himself and others, but he does not see that he is doing the exact same thing himself, at least on this board.

You know, before I started writing my story, I thought that someone like you would use my sharing some very personal things and then turn them on me and then judge me and condemn me because of them.

So, because of you, I tip my hat. I will not continue with the rest of my story. I just see people like you doing more of the same: condemning and judging. I'm sure that makes you very happy. People like you who condemn me for the very little you know about me are the quickest ones to judge me.

Farkel

I thought you were tougher than this Farkel. You let a couple of assholes like them change your mind? There are many caring people on here that think highly of you that would love to hear your story, nay that need to hear your story. Hmmmph. I guess that all this "Farkel's helped so many people" is just a bunch of BS.

Thumbs down in your general direction.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Your window washing tips were right on the money though. I should know, I've cleaned tons of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit