Something for you to consider, Farkel

by journey-on 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That's the sad part about some of these (Most of these) ex JW boards. There's always someone to rain on your parade..You've been around long enough to know that .

I love reading the life stories..I hope you don't get so discouraged you quit.

I missed them first time around but will certainly go back and read them now, especially since you seem to have spoken/wrote from your heart.

Snoozy

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@Farkel

I apologize for insulting you, and in no way meant to encourage other forum members to join in an attack on your dignity.

You posted this my initial thread:

Stay in the Watchtower Corporation. Cowards who want others to fight their fights do not deserve real freedom.

I really felt bullied by this insult to any current poster who is "on the fence", and subsequent posts I read of yours within threads I had commented on seemed abusive and disrespectful to me. If you agree that this was not their original intent, then I will redact my challange of your character. No doubt, anyone would understand that this is a highly emotional time in my life, and I felt the need to put my foot on the ground and defend myself from being cast as an idiot.

In my own defense, and for what it's worth, maybe you could consider being less abrasive in some of your posts (since you seem to be somewhat known for it), especially those that relate to a newcomer to the forum. I feel that people who come here (especially me) are looking for acceptance and an open environment to express themselves, because they do not find this to be the case within in organzization that claims to "love" them.

People don't need to be insulted in order to "wake up," as you also mentioned was your aim in that post. They need facts, reasoning ability, and most importantly, time. I've been programmed by The Watchtower since birth. A couple of radical (althouh well-meaning) forum posts will not automatically undo that. Please forgive me if that seems naive on my part, it's just my opinion.

I respect IMMENSELY, honesty and straigh-forwardness when they are paired with taste and tact. I'm sure that I will learn to appreciate your "style" the longer I am here, so don't feel like I would view you as an opponent for the future of my membership here. That would not be the case. I also hope that you would not view me that way.

Not that it is any of my business, but I encourage you not to let this prevent you from sharing your story. I did not read the first section before I made that post yesterday and it had no bearing on my comments whatsoever. I can't say the same for anyone else who posted adversely about your character.

Thanks in advance for understanding my position and accepting my sincere apology.

--------

@journey-on

I have never been a member of any "anti-JW" or "apostate" website until I joined this one. I have no idea what you are referring to. I don't even think I've posted enough times in this forum that anyone would be able to make such a conslusive accusation - that I had been here before. Also, didn't you know that all "apostates" are "envious and self-absorbed?"

• yesidid
    yesidid

Farkel said:

Stay in the Watchtower Corporation. Cowards who want others to fight their fights do not deserve real freedom

Actually that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Here are some more from the past couple of weeks:

Whiners do not get much respect in here. Quit whining and start learning.

It doesn't surprise me that you have no arguments and only bullshit and pathetic potshots to offer. Make an argument and defend it. I can offer flash cards if you like or remedial courses in thinking provided your brain is still functional.

You just have a reading comprehension problem. A big one. It's obvious from the crap you keep posting

And you? ADS is what comes to mind. Or, it's possible that you are just stupid. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Your bullshit about McDonalds is a Strawman. It's a typical WT trick, the Strawman argument. I don't know how long you've been out of the dubs, but you still think like one.

Mostly, I dodge red herrings like that one and I expose the silliness of naive and stubborn twits like you.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest soul on this planet.

Although I recognize that Farkel is talented in many ways, he can be very demeaning to fellow posters and particularly

newbies. It really upsets me. I guess I am and always will be a fighter for the underdog.

Some who know Farkel personally say he has another side. Sadly I've not seen it. I've seen clever and funny, but Ive not seen warm and kind.

But then again I've not read his every post. I can only comment on what I have seen.

yesidid

• whereami
    whereami
    Your bullshit about McDonalds is a Strawman. It's a typical WT trick, the Strawman argument. I don't know how long you've been out of the dubs, but you still think like one.

In all fairness, Farkel did apologize.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204235/1/Bill-OReilly-vs-David-Silverman-You-Know-Theyre-All-Scams

Guys, we're all here for many different reasons. But we shouldn't forget the main reason, telling our story of how it was being a JW. We need to stay focused on that if we want to have a shot at helping others who are going through what we did.

Remember how we felt? Lost, scared, JUDGED, confused? We need to pull together and not forget that.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    In all fairness, Farkel did apologize.

Thank you for pointing that out whereami.

I tried to delete it from the list, but it was past edit time.

yesidid

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Dontplaceliterature makes some very good points. I hope Farkel has the humility to listen to his words.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Don't hold your breath BP.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I rarely agree with Farkel when it comes to politics. But I still like him, especially his sense of humor. I would absolutely love to hear the rest of his story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit