Nation wide protest on the shunning policies of The Watchtower Organization!

by koolaid-man 50 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

You go Rick! Hoist them with their own petard.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Mad Sweeney,

Yes, the help line is still going strong. There is no advertising budget...but sometimes people will put an ad in a newspaper independently... and it is also spread by word of mouth... and it's listed on websites like freeminds.

Coffee

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

If you live in the NY.area join up with Nikki. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhdqb8tPEo8

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I agree with Coffee_black... not to into protesting.

But the message I get and fully support, because I'm dfed and seen my dfed friends suffer worse then me even... I think getting groups together holding events around different areas and giving motivational speaches do better... Then also seeing people passing out buttons or braceletts even shirts that people want to support or volinteer too... passing out brocures to educate... and advertise... is the best way of getting the message out there!!! Not looking like crazies but looking like conserned citizies for our community!! Even getting the news people involved helps. :) Attracting young, old, parents, mothers, teens, grandparents... all important.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I agree with Undercover too!!

Remember when we were once Jehovah's Witnesses!! This is persecution in their eyes!! We are the enemy and they are sadden because they sacrifice so much to be so good and loving... shunning is not a choice to them! It is law in their eyes... that GOD commanded them to do... like Abraham sacrificing his son... They aren't killing people just displaying loyalty and supporting discipline for wrong doing.

The educational part is so so important right now!! Not showing hate toward them but showing consern... Supporting members of the churches who suffer... family members etc... In effect we can ask and compare leaders... like who is behide all of this? God... but God is loving kind... what motivated people to follow Hitler, to follow any Cult leader that claim to have God's backing.... Just get them thinking...

We need to show and act not as "apostates" but "helpers" "God's angels" as it were... Jehovah's witnesses are attracted to kind hearted spiritual people... I should no I only hung out with other church goers at school... even if I thought they didn't have the "truth" they were good people and I surrounded myself around people like them.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

What ATTRACTS people!! What groups are known for good actions... Community Volenteers, Support Groups, Church Volenteers etc.... This is what people are ATTRACTED too!! I say if I found a group like this SPEAKING OUT it would be a great benefit to helping the mistreatment of disfellowshipped, shunned, abused, etc.

I remember group members or support speakers coming to our schools, coming even to our work places, coming to special events... motivating me in wonting me to support what they were protesting about... spouse abuse, drug abuse, child abuse, etc.

If it got me thinking just imagine how others would feel.... Relating it to gang leaders, cult leaders, spouse over powerment.... we could help the whole community... not just Jehovah's Witnesses but other religious control or whatever.

I think someone needs to get ahold of Steve Hassen, Barbara Anderson, Randell Watters, other good speakers... a whole group of those people I came accross through my research on the internet, to give these speaches too. I loved hearing them on the interent, in person that would be a wower.

Just my ideas on things.... who's that motivated (not really that type of person to jump up for the oppertunity)... but whoever Nikki is and others like this person.. I will fully support. Come around Indianapolis with a group and I would totally be there fully supporting!!

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...What ATTRACTS people!! What groups are known for good actions... Community Volenteers, Support Groups, Church Volenteers etc.... I say if I found a group like this SPEAKING OUT it would be a great benefit to helping the mistreatment of disfellowshipped, shunned, abused, etc...I remember group members or support speakers coming to our schools, coming even to our work places, coming to special events... motivating me in wonting me to support what they were protesting about... spouse abuse, drug abuse, child abuse, etc.

Butterflyleia85

IMHO, all approaches are needed regardless of how its used to effectively achieve our goals against the watchtower. The protests and picketing are very effective shaming and advocacy strategy tools to expose the numerous undoings of the Watchtower as a very dangerous cult. If you are afraid of doing that in public, that is your choice. Many of our families are still traped in as if in a hostage situation. Regardless of their reaction to digging deeper,clinging to the mother organisation for protection, believing that they are being 'persecuted', that is insignificant issue as long as the Watchtower is exposed. The SixScreen-sponsored protests and picketing, in my view, are an embodiment of some if not, all of what you mention above. These includes all 'groups known for good actions, community volunteers, Support Groups, Church Volunteers etc'.

Scott77

• shamus100
    shamus100

There's no nation wide protest going on. Give me a break!

Are all of you psychotic?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I checked out billboards along I-75 South in Southern Georgia, near Hahira and Valdosta Georgia . This is a well traveled road - for truckers and families coming from the Mid-West into Florida (snowbirds, vacationers, Disney).

It would be about $750 a month for a billboard, $750 for the art charges. And, they can do a minimum of 1 month.

http://www.oohcenter.com/__outdoor_advertising_rent_billboard_search__search.aspx?s=GA&cy=COFFEE%20County&c=&z=

GAE-3531Billboard: 30-Sheet Poster at W/S US 41 S S/O CHURCH ST F/NBillboards:PostersN/A$0n/a2,816n/a10' 6" X 22' 9"North /RightNeed To Check AvailabilityNo
    GAE-3532Billboard: 30-Sheet Poster at W/S US 41 S S/O CHURCH ST F/SBillboards:PostersN/A$0n/a2,816n/a10' 6" X 22' 9"South /LeftNeed To Check AvailabilityNo
    GAE-3533Billboard: 30-Sheet Poster at W/S US 41 S S/O CHURCH ST F/SBillboards:PostersN/A$0n/a2,816n/a10' 6" X 22' 9"South /LeftNeed To Check AvailabilityNo
    GAE-4291Billboard: Bulletin at E/S I-75 1.6 MI S/O EXIT 29 F/NBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/a30,215n/a10' 0" X 40' 0"North /LeftNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4952-02Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.2 mi S/O mm 37 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a20' x 60'SouthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4952-01Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.2 mi S/O mm 37 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a20' x 60'NorthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4944-01Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.4 mi N/O mm 24 ESBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 44'NorthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA5379-03Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.4 mi S/O mm 37 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 40'SouthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA5379-04Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.4 mi S/O mm 37 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 40'SouthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4992-04Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.9 mi S/O mm 29 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 48'SouthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4992-01Billboard: Bulletin at I- 75 0.9 mi S/O mm 29 WSBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 48'NorthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4861-01Billboard: Bulletin at I- I-75 0.1 mi S/O mm 29 ESBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 40'NorthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
    GA4861-04Billboard: Bulletin at I- I-75 0.1 mi S/O mm 29 ESBillboards:BulletinsN/A$0n/aN/An/a12' x 40'SouthNeed To Check AvailabilityYes
  • koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Thank you skeeter 1 for that information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit