Assembly Day Points by a Member of the Governing Body

by Reopened Mind 52 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When the Governing Body gets out of their paid for residences and get jobs and work to take care of themselves and their families, then, maybe, I'll think seriously about what they say and DO. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up!

• bobld
    bobld

What a two faced liar.Why did you give the boot to thousands of bethelites before 2008.You were greedy and wanted to sell off you properties in NEW YORK because the market was hot and you could make a BIG FAT PROFIT at the expence of those poor betheliltes that sold their houses and give all their money to you.You have the gall the tell people you warned them of this economic disaster you are full of shit.Don't come around with this dung about family worship night,what you are saying really it's family worship the GB/FDS.Boy talk of worshipping idols GOD really hates that and you should know better.

Why did you take the properties in NY off the market when the market went south.GREED GREED,

B

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

He gave the example of the huge project that’s being done in Wallkill. He said that they just showed the Bethel family a 15 minute video about the renovation and new building project that will be done over the next 4 years. He said after the video was shown he overheard a dear old sister who’s been there forever say, “well, I guess that means Armageddon won’t be coming in the next four years.” He said, now I didn’t say anything to her and embarrass her in front of everyone, but I thought to myself, “oh my goodness we approved the showing of that video and I don’t remember that being part of the dialogue.”

So, that night he went back and re-watched it. He said, "Brothers and Sisters - we are going to be in the midst of Kingdom activity when the end comes. We will be building, we will be preaching, we will be planning conventions, building Kingdom Halls……there’s not going to be a pause when the end comes.

Luke 17:28: "Likewise, just as it occured in the days of Lot; they were....buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building. 29: But on the day that Lot came out of Sodom it rained fire and sulphur from heaven and destroyed them all."

Could the GB be fulfilling this scripture?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

When he says the seriousness of the arrangement cannot be underestimated I say

many things have been underestimated obviously that arrangement's seriousness has been apparently underestimated since nobody is doing it hence his twistd statement.

• agonus
    agonus

The above anecdote so perfectly encapsulates the utter madness that is the WT society that you can't write anything satirical that improves upon it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I am still working on replacing my WT thinking with critical thinking skills. This may take a while.

Good for you Reopened Mind

There is much information readily available about allot of topics on the Net, which just a few years ago wasn't

simply there or accessible to the public. In regards to the WTS organization I've personally learned allot even though

I was a born in JW but left on my own in 1980 on speculation of devious corruption at play, that was both disingenuous and harmful.

The WTS. tactics of mentally and physically controlling people into their will are notorious and deliberate to say the least.

An observation that is not perceievably posible by a nice smiling person talking at your front door one Saturday morning.

By the way Reopened Mind, its not unusual to for the WT infusion of mind control by indoctrination to hang with a person for awhile

so don't think what your going through is unusual in any way , we were all there one time or another.

Take care.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

He repeatedly said with all his counsel….this is not the Governing Body saying this - this is Jehovah speaking to you.

Just wondering, if this is message directly from Jehovah, why is this warning given to just one assembly and not to all hard working believers simultaneously around the globe.

CP

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    This is not the Governing Body saying this - this is Jehovah speaking to you

Even when I was in..if any man had said that, and was not just reading Scriptures used faithfully in context, I would know that this was blasphemy

No man speaks for God..What do the dubs think of The Pope making pronouncements as "Gods representative"?

Incidentally..did you click the link that somebody put higher up the thread? It showed that this talk is at least over a year old ......

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If I meditate a little I think I found the answer of an older question that bugged me: What member of the GB visited Bucharest in 2009? I think it was Morris.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Reopened Mind,

I'm so very happy that you've posted this extremely important message for all in this board to read.

Infinite thanks,

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit