Assembly Day Points by a Member of the Governing Body

by Reopened Mind 52 Replies latest jw friends

• paladin
    paladin

I am still in the Borg and the pressure and control over the rank & file members are very high. I think people will feel that their buttons are being pushed.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

sounds like a typical arrogant Bethelite who thinks he's Jesus.....i love these idiots who wasted there life in preaching and have no money telling us not to be "materialistic."

• Listener
    Listener

Debt is such an evil, so why do they borrow to congregations? He should return to Vietnam and see how people live who are not able to borrow. Although there is merit in his advice, he is saying nothing more than the economists are now saying - wordly advice.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

• Ding
    Ding
    Word for word, “Brothers and sisters if you are not doing family worship night, you will not be ready for survival at Armageddon. The Governing Body has worked hard to convey the seriousness of this arrangement. It cannot be underestimated. Now you have a choice whether or not you will listen to the counsel….but remember, you’ve been warned.”

All right, you extremist pioneers.

Stop going out in field service on family worship nights!

You've been warned!!!!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I was a ministerial servant. And happy to say that I NEVER did the family worship night. One time, we read a chapter of the bible, but that was it. It all seemed dreadful to me.

:-)

-MF31-

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I feel like i heard that same talk but not sure when

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Brothers and sisters if you are not doing family worship night, you will not be ready for survival at Armageddon. The Governing Body has worked hard to convey the seriousness of this arrangement. It cannot be underestimated. Now you have a choice whether or not you will listen to the counsel….but remember, you’ve been warned.”

No Way!

I heard this statement word for word: 2 weeks ago at a memorial talk by a traveling servant and then at a two day assembly about a month earlier by the same D.O. Both times it came across as a desparate threat.

These guys are losing credibility fast!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Word for word, “Brothers and sisters if you are not doing family worship night, you will not be ready for survival at Armageddon. The Governing Body has worked hard to convey the seriousness of this arrangement. It cannot be underestimated. Now you have a choice whether or not you will listen to the counsel….but remember, you’ve been warned.”

lol ... How is 'Family Worship Night' going to help you "be ready for survival" at Armageddon????

If Armageddon was real, you are either marked for destruction or marked for survival ...

idiots!

3Mozzies

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Oh good point, 3Mozzies! A JW is never sure of their salvation/survival, no matter how much they've done. Sucks for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit