BOE LTR Dec 9, 2010 (copy/paste) DC listings removed from March 1st WT!!!

by yknot 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

I have received a copy/paste of BOE LTR dated Dec 9, 2010......

While much of it is mundane and things we have heard oft before (please feel free to rant on about the lodging stuffus)..... it contains another information removal worthy of taking note....please see these highlighted texts.

Sure you can go to jw.org and find the DC-listings under the 'lookup' tab.

I get not wanting to waste money (ink/ additional paper) on us Publishers regarding the KM too but the Public Edition March 1 WT!!!!!........last time I checked the DCs were billed as 'public events' so what up with only the informing WT-PE readers via a few placed tracts and the INTERNET?????

If you are a poster who has access to this letter and are willing to pass me a scan or post one yourself it would be greatly appreciated by all!

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's WItnesses'
    2821 Route 22, Patterson, NY 12563-2237 Phone: (845) 306-1100

December 9, 2010

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: 2011 district convention Service Meeting part

Dear Brothers:

Beginning this year, no article or scheduled Service Meeting part about the convention
    will appear in Our Kingdom Ministry in January
    . However, the December 15, 2010, congregation
    convention assignment letter that you will receive separately should be read to the congregation
    during the announcements period on the Service Meeting for the week of January 3, 2011. In
    addition, the attached sheet entitled "2011 District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses" should
    be presented to the congregation as a talk during the local needs part that is scheduled for that
    same meeting. Regarding the portion on "Special needs," please note that before the secretary
    sends a Special Needs Room Request (CO-5a) form to the Rooming Department, the Congregation
    Service Committee should review the guidelines on the form and in the December 14, 2010,
    letter to all bodies of elders.

The list of district conventions for the United States and Canada each year will no longer
    appear in the March 1 Watchtower but will be posted in the Forms section under the Documents
    tab of the jw.org Web site
    shortly before the week of January 3, 2011. Therefore, please print
    this entire list prior to the meeting during that week and post it on the information board after the
    meeting. The secretary may also duplicate the list for the benefit of any publishers who do not
    have computer access and request a copy.

Thank you very much for diligently following through on these important matters. We are
    confident that you will be spiritually refreshed by what has been prepared. May Jehovah richly
    bless your efforts to attend the entire program.

Your brothers,
    Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnessess

cc: Traveling overseers

Pg 2

2011 DISTRICT CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
    (To be given as a talk on the local needs part for the Service Meeting the week of January 3, 2011.)

We eagerly anticipate the spiritual banquet in store for us at the 2011 district convention.
    Each of us should be present for all three days. We can inform teachers and employers well ahead
    of time that the convention is a necessary part of our worship. By making our plans now and helping
    others as needed, we can be sure of Jehovah's blessing on our efforts.-Ps. 37:5; Provo 10:22.

Program times: Friday and Saturday: 9:20 a.m. to 4:55 p.m. Sunday: 9:20 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.

Obtaining information: A complete list of all United States and Canada district conventions
    may be found on the information board and on the jw.org Web site. If it is necessary for
    any of us to attend a convention other than the one to which our congregation is assigned, we
    may obtain a Recommended Lodging List by writing the rooming headquarters for that convention.
    Our congregation secretary can provide us the mailing or e-mail address.

Special needs: Do you know of someone in our congregation who could use help in getting
    to and from the convention? Why not offer to assist? (Prov. 19: 17) When a publisher requests
    assistance in obtaining accommodations, the Congregation Service Committee will determine
    if the publisher qualifies to submit a Special Needs Room Request (CO-Sa) form.

Making your hotel reservation: The Recommended Lodging List will be posted on the information
    board after the Service Meeting tonight. When we deal with hotel staff, our speech and
    demeanor should always reflect the fruitage of the spirit. This will "adorn the teaching" of our
    God, Jehovah. (Titus 2:7-10) Please adhere to the following instructions as you make your hotel
    reservations:

• Stay only in the hotels on the Recommended Lodging List. If rooms are already booked, call
    another hotel on the list.

• Do not call hotels that are not on the list to ask if they have a rate for our conventions.

• Accept only the rate shown on the list. Obtain a confirmation number, and make your deposit
    within ten days by debit/credit card, check, or money order.

• Each room should be reserved in the name of the person who will actually occupy it. Do not
    reserve extra rooms. Keep your first reservation.

• If you must cancel a reservation, do so as early as possible. Be sure to get a cancellation number.

• Fire regulations require that you not exceed the number of persons that the hotel allows for
    each room.

• If there are no rooms available after calling ALL the hotels listed, or if you have a problem
    with a hotel, inform your congregation secretary. He should communicate with the convention
    Rooming Department, using the contact information on the Recommended Lodging List.

• Please also note that if you use a debit or credit card when registering at a hotel, it is standard
    practice for them to place a hold on enough funds in your account to cover your total room
    cost, plus any possible damages or incidentals during your stay. You will not be able to use
    any of those funds until your account is settled within a few days after you depart.

Our annual district convention will afford us a fine opportunity both to take in divine instruction
    and to enjoy the warm association of our brothers and sisters. (Deut. 16: 15) May Jehovah
    bless our efforts as we prepare to attend the 2011 district conventions!

(After the meeting covering this material, please post this sheet on the information board until the convention.)

Sigh and thus the DC season commences! (anybody got parts (outlines, drama))..........

Luv and Huggles to all!

• yknot
    yknot

Sorry about wonky formating for the first minute or two......(fixed it)

Smiles and giggles!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Yknot, you amaze me. Can I be your apprentice?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

so....

looks like a ''use your own printer inks and by the way, be sure to stay in the accomodation we say so we can get the free rooms for the VIPs'', Letter

oz

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.... hugs to ya GrandmaJones!

Ya know only Elders who are being kiss-ups stay in the hotels.....everyone else in my KH drives each day!

Hmm....wonder if that means the WT-PEs are on their way out........ I mean DCs are major money makers.....figure they would want all the WT-PE readers to consider dropping into one of our events where we show a fine display of unity

• yknot
    yknot

Yes the KH has to use their own KH printer (or Elders) or use their Office Depot account ........ lots of cutting corners of late.

You know the KMs are actually available for PDF download on JW.org but only for those with login privileges.....matter of time before Elders are utilizing 'sendspace' to upload and distribute links to Publishers or having to print them out of the KH expense account! What!!! That actually might be cheaper than the freakin gasoline to the Assembly Hall and back each month.....

• factfinder
    factfinder

I could not locate the list of DC's at jw.org. Has anyone found it?

also, notice they do not tell you what the theme of the DC is.

• yknot
    yknot

jw.org

click 'lookup' tab

click 'conventions'

enter search information....

BUT THIS SAID......... I noticed the USA and Canada aren't listed as being searchable (but the UK is! Pouting!)

Probably still haggling over a few DC sites........some might be forced again into yet more 200mi treks over a $2000 refusals to meet WTS demands!

• Listener
    Listener

I'm shocked at the list of instructions that are being given in relation to accommodation and that JWs are required to follow their procedure.

Are they acting as a travel agent and recieving commission? Does anyone know if they are recieving kick-backs?

They are told to only accept the rate shown on the list, therefore they have to identify that they are a member of the convention and have that specific rate apply. Then they are also told to only accept that rate, what if they negotitate a cheaper rate, either directly with the hotel or online?, they are basically being told they are not allowed.

• Accept only the rate shown on the list. Obtain a confirmation number, and make your deposit
    within ten days by debit/credit card, check, or money order.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard that this letter was read out with emphasis on the "do not contact any other hotels " point....

What?? , so if a family can find a cheap hotel or motel or "Travelodge" [UK] then they are not supposed to save money by going there???

I have heard similar statements in the context of trips abroad to Russia (when they were allowed) and I could see a certain logic then in keeping oversight of the party and delegates in their name...But to just go 50 miles or so to the city and stay a weekend?

Who do they think they are? If they squeeze the dubs too hard even the loyal may buck the control..

BTW..Thanks Yknot ..For a moment I thought that "Love and Huggles to all" had appeard on the BOE letter !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit