Anybody into aromatherapy and smell good stuff?

by littlerockguy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I always like my apartment smelling nice with a great fragrance and I like different ones throughout the year. However there are some smells I can't get enough of, like the smell of sandalwood. I just stocked up on some since the price is skyrocketing right now. I have a feeling that some of the colognes that may use it will be going up in the future. I love to mix it with cedar scented oil. I want to use the oil for candals and for my diffusers as well as for soaps and lotions to carry the scent. It's very pleasant if it isn't too overpowering. I also love clean citrus smells like lime and grapefruit.

What kinds of fragrances do you like?

LRG

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have a Sensie (sp?) It is warming pot with scented wax on top. Love that thing! Right now I have Cranberry Pomegranete. Love the clean smells too, love the smell of soap, citrus too.

• crapola
    crapola

I love candles from Hobby Lobby. My favorite is the Banana Bread. Another is apple pie. They make the whole house smell like fresh baked bread or pie. As for cologne, I love Red by Georgio. It's my all time favorite.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am actually within 2 courses of completing an
    AAS in CAM with an emphasis in aromatherapy...
    the therapeutic use of essential oils.... aka aromatology

a caution i would offer is to be certain that you
    are using genuine plant products, essential oils,
    and not synthethetic, often petroleum based
    "fragrance oils" if you are utilizing them for
    therapeutic purposes...

two i especially enjoy

Jasmine (Jasminium grandiforium) is ECSTACY

Melissa officinale is incredibly sedative

• yknot
    yknot

Well I just re-infused my sleeping sachets (lavendar)

Kitchen depending on day smells like apple-cinnamon or vanilla (warmed scented oil/liquid) or baked cookies (cuz I baked real ones)

I love citrus in the morning too or as a quick pick me up! (I keep a small atomizer in purse)

I don't know if I have any favorite but I have a quite a collection for variety

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

chickpea:

I looked everywhere for the cheapest real sandalwood oil, Santalum album from India, and Puritan's pride had theirs advertized as that and 100% distilled for $69.99 for a 10 ml bottle. I know that seems expensive, but if it is what it says it is, that is a good deal!!

LRG

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

well, i know you are talking about fancy fragrances!!!

but

you know those refills you get for plugins, i opened one up the other day, mixed with water, put in pot and heated on the stove,

made the place smell really nice!!! and added much needed humidity.

purps

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Purplesofa,

Bath and Body Works has a Vanilla and Sandalwood that is out of the world! The mall was packed Saturday with clearances at Bath and Body Works. I would have grabbed something if the checkout lines were ridiculously long. I didn't need anything that bad, LOL

That's a great idea for plug-in refills!!

LRG

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol OMG!!! You braved the mall!!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yum!! Step Daughter gave me a Yankee Candle thing for Christmas. Home Sweet Home is the scent. It's orgasmic. Cinnamon and ......................?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit