Atheists Declare Religions as 'Scams' in New Ad

by Quirky1 24 Replies latest jw friends

• streets76
    streets76

JeffT: I don't trust organized anything anymore.

Amen, brother!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It seems the moment you "organize" anything it no longer becomes about the thing you organized but about the organization and the people the are prominante in it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why should an organization founded by Madeline Murray-O'Hair not be all of those things?

She had multiple affairs. She assaulted police officers who were trying to recover a runaway minor. She tried to defect to the Soviet Union.

O'Hair was the very first guest on The Phil Donahue Show, when it debuted as a local program in Dayton, Ohio on November 6, 1967; [15] [16] she would make several appearances on the program during its run. HostPhil Donahue would later call her message of atheism "very important," but said that O'Hair was "unpleasant" to be around and that she mocked him off-camera for being Catholic.

All in all, a very nasty woman.

Her son described her as "profane and vulgar." He later became a Baptist preacher.

"When I was a young boy of ten or eleven years old she would come home and brag about spending the day in X-rated movie theaters in downtown Baltimore.... My mother’s whole life circulated around such things... It was love of power over people that finally caused not only her death, but the deaths of my brother and my daughter... My mother was an evil person... Not for removing prayerfrom America's schools... No, she was just evil. She stole huge amounts of money. She misused the trust of people. She cheated children out of their parents' inheritance. She cheated on her taxes and even stole from her own organizations. She once printed up phony stock certificates on her own printing press to try to take over another atheist publishing company....Regardless of how evil and lawless my mother was she did not deserve to die in the manner she did."

Lastly, she was murdered by her (atheist) typesetter at American Atheists. He sawed O'Hair and her family up in little pieces, and threw them in a hole in the ground in Texas. He then went on an epic debauch with the money and credit cards he stole from her.

Could almost be the biography a swindling fundamentalist snake handler.

Looks like the O'Hair founded Atheist group that produced the "scam" ad is a bit of a scam itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O'Hair

But at least she wasn't deluded or anything.

BTS

• bohm
    bohm

BTS: well, she did take her son to the movies...

go go crazy woman...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Not the one that died, that one was President of the American Atheists, Jon G. Murray. The other one, William Murray, was not there.

For this particular organization to run an ad campaign calling religion a scam seems like the equivalent of the Watchtower's recent issue.

Hypocrisy.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit