Atheists Declare Religions as 'Scams' in New Ad

by Quirky1 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

I liked Richard Dawkins message - "There is probably no God" - a heck of a lot better. Its a polite, scientific, oppinion, and anyone who stand up and say he know there is a god will look foolish.

"You KNOW they are all SCAMS"

is both sensationalist, not true, appeal to emotions and a lot of other things.

• heathen
    heathen

no no they are wrong about there is no God not that religions are all scams .

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"In the radio blackout, I opened the little plastic packages which contained the bread and the wine. I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me. In the one-sixth gravity of the moon, the wine slowly curled and gracefully came up the side of the cup. Then I read the Scripture, ‘I am the vine, you are the branches. Whosoever abides in me will bring forth much fruit.’ I had intended to read my communion passage back to earth, but at the last minute Deke Slayton had requested that I not do this. NASA was already embroiled in a legal battle with Madelyn Murray O’Hare, the celebrated opponent of religion, over the Apollo 8 crew reading from Genesis while orbiting the moon at Christmas. I agreed reluctantly…Eagle’s metal body creaked. I ate the tiny Host and swallowed the wine. I gave thanks for the intelligence and spirit that had brought two young pilots to the Sea of Tranquility. It was interesting for me to think: the very first liquid ever poured on the moon, and the very first food eaten there, were the communion elements.”

NASA kept this secret for two decades. The memoirs of Buzz Aldrin and the Tom Hanks’s Emmy- winning HBO mini-series, From the Earth to the Moon (1998), made people aware of this act of Christian worship 235,000 miles from Earth.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In the marketplace of ideas...

PS - actually, it's not like "all those atheists" - that's rather like saying "Religion predicts the end of the world in 1975", when actually a single small cult said it...

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Why is it that Atheists are as vocal and condemnatory of religion and belief in God as JW's are of Atheists and "Babylon the Great"?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good question TYA..

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Very interesting Post BTS.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

"You KNOW they are all SCAMS"

is both sensationalist, not true, appeal to emotions and a lot of other things.

Why should an organization founded by Madeline Murray-O'Hair not be all of those things?

• cofty
    cofty
    Why is it that Atheists are as vocal and condemnatory of religion and belief in God as JW's are of Atheists and "Babylon the Great"?

If religion was a private hobby like knitting no atheist would have a problem with it. Problem is religion wants to have a say in our classrooms and courts and seats of government.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Problem is religion wants to have a say in our classrooms and courts and seats of government.

Actually, religion doesn't give a crap about that stuff.

People that see religion as a vehicle to power and infulence, THEY want to do those things.

And guess what Bro? if religion wasn't around for those people, they would use something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit