by Quirky1 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
  • cofty
  • undercover
    undercover

Finally...some truth in advertising

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

NOhting like those fundamentalist and judgmental atheists, lol!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Did the atheists use their own money for the billboard, or do they pass a plate?

edited to add: www.atheists.org

Just like churches they are organized as a 501(c)3

They also have a magazine.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Religion is a SNARE and a RACKET." - J.F. Rutherford, President WTB&TS in 1939. Of course, by "religion" he meant everyone else's religion, not his.

Hear it here: http://www.archive.org/details/ReligionIsASnareAndARacket

ALL religions are snares, rackets and scams.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

jeffT, what's your point?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Mostly I was joking, but I think it may be the same dope in a different baggie. I don't trust organized anything anymore.

I wonder if they count their time.

• wobble
    wobble

I hope it makes a few people, or better still ,many people, THINK.

We had an Ad. on the side of the 'buses a while ago, about there being no God, which caused a lot of discussion, and a weak reply from believers .

An appeal went out to finance the Atheist Ad, and the response, with voluntary contributions, was so huge that it went national instead of just in London as first envisaged.

• undercover
    undercover
    "Religion is a SNARE and a RACKET." - J.F. Rutherford, President WTB&TS in 1939.

Thanks to NN for the reminder...

That's actually something to use if you have JW family that sees one of these billboards or advertisements and makes a snide or snarky comment on it. You can remind them that Rutherford made the same claims. Just a nugget to maybe get them to pause and think for a second. It's the little things that sometimes create the cracks that widen over time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit