Favorite quote from 2011 School for Ministerial Servants

by iamwhoiam 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

"Let's see a show of hands of those who know that the end is very close (everyone raises thier hands while looking around at each other). Excellent!...we know this because we have a whole-hearted faith in the Faithful and Discreet Slave don't we?"

No explanation needed

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

ROFLMAO

• fokyc
    fokyc

Just a load of Zombies! They would agree to anything.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Measured with a trillion year scale, yes, the end is very close - about 4-5 billion years away...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"It's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social." ~John Bender describing the KM School

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Here's a classic:

"Higher Education doesn't guarantee a job because even people with PhDs end up working at McDonalds" - not an exact quote, but the substance of it.

A relative of mine attended. He's also of the 'conscious class,' said that the program was very similar to the 2006 one and that the talk about 'Trusting the Faithful and Discreet Slave' was EXACTLY the same as the 2006 one!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe that's why they don't like high school algebra. Anyone that took algebra knows how something can be close, forever getting closer, and never actually come.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If one is sitting in audience and the speaker asks that question, what would you do ? Even if a M/S was wanting to fade, and no longer believed, he would be a fool to keep his hand down...

Reminds me of the "Two Minute Hate" sessions in Orwell's 1984..Winston Smith didn't really agree but he had to go along with it.....for the moment !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If one is sitting in audience and the speaker asks that question, what would you do ? Even if a M/S was wanting to fade, and no longer believed, he would be a fool to keep his hand down...

Reminds me of the "Two Minute Hate" sessions in Orwell's 1984..Winston Smith didn't really agree but he had to go along with it.....for the moment !

• pontoon
    pontoon

Talked to my dad on the phone a week ago. He is old. He thinks I'm missing a few meetings because of my work schedule. He doesn't know I haven't been to the hall at all since April. He just got back from his first MS school, all he had to say about it was how wonderful the GB is. Thats what stood out in his mind. Not able to reason with him. It depresses me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit