The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stavro
    stavro

Fisherman you would make a great comical politician. I have never seen a man dance so nimbly around questions like this before. This of course is with the exception of Jeffery Jackson, who did some spectacular dancing of his own during his royal commission drilling.

• cofty
    cofty

2 hours later - So I was correct. Not even an attempt at answering either of the two questions.

You are a coward and a liar.

Question 1
    Lev.17: 13 & 14 state very clearly that he who hunts an animal for food and does not bleed it will be "cut off".

Verse 15 says that he who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. The only requirement is to have bath and change clothes.

Why is there a difference if the blood is sacred in the way JWs believe it to be?

Question 2.
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you for making atonement for your lives on the altar; for, as life, it is the blood that makes atonement. - Lev.17:11

According to this verse an Israelite farmer could have brought gallons of blood drained from live animals to the altar to atone for his sins.

Do you agree or not Fishy?

• cofty
    cofty

From my OP....

1. Blood was sacred under The Law.

2. Blood represents life.

3. It was a capital offense to use blood for any purpose other than to offer it as a sacrifice on the altar.

4. All of the restrictions about blood are just as binding on Christians as they were on OT Jews.

I have conceded all of the above for the sake of discussion.

My two questions remain.

• cofty
    cofty
    Again, you conclude in your argument that blood is not sacred to God. - Fishy

I have consistently said the exact opposite throughout this thread. Blood is sacred to god and anybody who broke god's law on blood was to be cut off.

Your argument does not show that. Lev 17 shows that an animal slaughtered for food must be drained of its blood before it can be eaten.

This is gibberish. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Do you? Just to be clear an animal killed for food had to be bled otherwise the culprit was to be cut off.

It also shows that if an unbled animal is eaten by an Israelite, he is required to bathe ceremonially.

Yes I have said this hundreds of times. If an animal was found dead and eaten unbled there was no punishment. The person had to relax in a nice warm bath and put on a clean robe. Lamb cutlets, hot bath, clean clothes = luxury.

Nothing is said about blood not being sacred to God. You conclude that in you argument.

Blood is not even mentioned in Lev.17:15 It is all about ceremonial cleanness not blood

It does not say that you can take any sort of blood and eat it or do anything with it.

Of course it doesn't. I have said that repeatedly. It DOES say that if you ate the unbled carcass of an animal found already dead there was no punishment.

You confuse your conclusions from what you read in Bible from what the text says.

No I have consistently made a clear distinction and stuck rigidly to the word of scripture.

You do that in every thread even as the venetator of theory of evolution that you worship- but that is another topic.

What is a venetator?

Your reconciliaton of scriptures and all the other trash that you post is only your opinion and nothing more.

Every single word is solidly based on a simple reading of the text with respect for the context.

Now - my two questions.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

in traffic

• cofty
    cofty
    how vs why One distinction about the blood from an animal found dead is that it could not be poured out. Another distinction is that if an Israelite ate a dead unbled carcass he became ceremonially unclean by doing so. - Fishy

Yes that is correct. When an animal has died its blood cannot be poured out. Therefore if you eat it you are also going to eat its blood. Amazingly the person who did this did not get cut off. Why not?

He became unclean - so what? Doing stuff that made you unclean was not a sin or a crime. Having sex with your wife made you ceremonially unclean, touching a dead animal made you unclean. Lots of things did.

But all of the law needs to be considered not just the verses that you like with your explanations about them.

I have thoroughly considered every single one of them in this thread as you are well aware.

30 “‘But the person who does something deliberately, whether he is native-born or a foreign resident, is blaspheming Jehovah and must be cut off from among his people.

Eating an unbled animal found dead was not a sin so this verse has no relevance.

21 “You must not eat any animal that was found dead. You may give it to the foreign resident who is inside your cities, and he may eat it, or it may be sold to a foreigner. For you are a holy people to Jehovah your God.

I discussed this verse at length. You ignored my answer and now you pretend I haven't answered it. This is why I call you a coward and a liar.

31 “You should prove yourselves holy people to me, and you must not eat the flesh of anything in the field that has been torn by a wild animal. You should throw it to the dogs.

This verse is about an animal torn by wild beasts. It was bled. It has no relevance to our conversation.

You have not shown that blood is not sacred to God. You have only shown in your argument that blood from a creature that is not slaughtered for food should not be -based on your argument.

I have never attempted to show that blood is not sacred to god. I have consistently said the exact opposite.

Now my two questions...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Every single word is solidly based on a simple reading of the text with respect for the context.
    No it aint it is trash.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

dont have time to read trash. scriptire and verse

• cofty
    cofty
    dont have time to read trash

You have spent your life reading trash.

Question 1

Lev.17: 13 & 14 state very clearly that he who hunts an animal for food and does not bleed it will be "cut off".

Verse 15 says that he who eats an animal that dies of itself will be unclean until the evening. The only requirement is to have bath and change clothes.

Why is there a difference if the blood is sacred in the way JWs believe it to be?

Question 2.
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you for making atonement for your lives on the altar; for, as life, it is the blood that makes atonement. - Lev.17:11

According to this verse an Israelite farmer could have brought gallons of blood drained from live animals to the altar to atone for his sins.

Do you agree or not Fishy?

• baker
    baker

Once heard someone say can't get every drop of blood out of a steak. How many witnesses like a little sizzle on their Ruth Chris,s steak, its only blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit