The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD
    What does that have to do with the subject?

I've taken my best shot (On multiple threads) at explaining that no single requirement of the Law functions apart from the others. I've tried in all sincerity to explain the reason for this.

You and I no doubt agree that murder is wrong, but what is murder? How do you determine when a murder has been committed? How do you investigate a murder? What do you do with a murderer once you've apprehended him? Are there different manners and degrees of murder?

Unlike Christianity, which leaves the messy details of civil and criminal law to the "secular authorities" the Law had to deal with those aspects of life too and therefore was not simply a moral code that can be interpreted in absolutes.

You have have steadfastly refused to accept that. End of story.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

cofty, I told you to stick with the subject matter. But have it your way. I will play your game.

Fisherman has used five isolated texts in an attempt to refute this position.

Wrong, show how the text are isolated. Show how I am attempting to refute my position.

It is really difficult to understand why you thought this had anything to do with the topic.

Show why you believe that.

Fishy - I have now dealt thoroughly with all five of the verses you used to try to refute my argument.

No you havent.

It is now your task to explain why Lev.17 classes killing an animal and eating it unbled as a serious crime but eating the unbled flesh of an animal found already dead as nothing but a temporary inconvenience.

No it ain't. Your conclusions do not invalidate the prohibition to Israel not to eat dead animals. And stop posting your theories that do not invalidate the law as stated.

• cofty
    cofty

I would just ask anybody reading this to consider my post above where I take the time to deal honestly and thoroughly with all of Fishy's objections.

Then please contrast and compare his response in the post just above this one.

I rest my case.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Does a person incur guilt by becoming unclean?

• cofty
    cofty

I had a conversation with a JW in Princes street Edinburgh today on this very topic. It didn't go well. His tactics were identical to Fishy's. It didn't matter what Lev.11 & 17 says he refused to consider it and just kept parroting the same hackneyed mantra.

There is no way to convince people who have a closed mind but I am not so cynical as to imagine all JWs are the same. I wasn't. I still think this lime of reasoning has potential to help intellectually honest JWs reason on this topic.

If you attempt to use this material I would suggest that the conversation begins in Lev.17 rather than Lev.11.

I might write up a potential approach later.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...if we are going to have any chance of reasoning with a JW about blood...

I stopped reading here.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I've taken my best shot (On multiple threads) at explaining that no single requirement of the Law functions apart from the others. I've tried in all sincerity to explain the reason for this. TD

This is a different thread a different Topic. Show relevance here in this discussion.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

His tactics were identical to Fishy's

What tactics, I posted scriptures you posted color. And you did not answer my questions in my post.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

cofty only post his theories but he cannot back them up

• TD
    TD

Show relevance here in this discussion.

No. I'm done.

I'm going to let the sheer stupidity of the captioned statement shimmer in the air for the sake of posterity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit