Worlds Apart (Movie) now on Youtube

by Billen76 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ok I did a search here and apparently it's so, beards are allowed in Europe. How did I not hear that before. They're not allowed in the Western Hemisphere without a medical reason.

Anyway, the movie was very touching and aside from some awkward wording was pretty true to life. Thanks for sharing the link.

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

wow, excellent the sundance channel is running the film.

my novel is optioned for a tv series push, i'd really like to get in touch with the writer before i'm in studio pitch meetings. any contact info, pm me or email tonyATtonydushane.com

we're taking a very different direction in the story telling aspect, but the theme will be the same.

i'm expecting a lot of compelling stories via novels, tv, film on jws to come out this decade....quite exciting.

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• garyneal
    garyneal

What a provocative movie. A part of me is thinking about secretly sending a copy of this to a cousin of my wife's. She was dating this 'worldly' man who had a 3 year old and my wife reported her to the elders about it.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

Marking

• Gayle
    Gayle

In Phoenix, AZ. this movie is on Cox Cable, Sundance Channel #191 @ 4 pm, tomorrow, Sat. Jan 8. The actual ex-JW girl is in the end of the film, a blonde girl on the train, smiling at the actress playing her part.

• phil78
    phil78

I havn't posted here for a long, long time. Years, I think. I just log in to read and stay in touch with the JW goings on. But i just watched this movie, and the memories came flooding back. It is well done, complete with the assembly, and the opening scene of the baptism; they have kept it as real as possible.

The blindness and short-sightedness of witness is all to aparent, it really is as shown. I know that some of the behaviour is cultish, but for the most part, JW's are just followers.

Fading is the only way to leave if you want to keep your extended family intact. We have been on the fade for over 6 years, and still have the majority of our family. The hardest part is having to start building your friend base all over again.

Shunning is a cruel and harsh punishment that does work. We are strong enough now to deal with it, if it was imposed on us. And it will be, one day, because the final step really is to cut the ties and face up to your own beliefs, to let others make their own decissions to interact with you or not.

Phil.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Excellant movie . It captures the emotional turmoil perfectly !

I think the mall scene where she sees her Df'd brother was the most gut wrenching for me .

It brought back so many memories growing up and being paranoid about someone seeing you doing something 'wrong'.

I hope this movie gets exposure here in the USA .....I think many would benefit seeing it .....

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

As a non-believer who loved a Witness, that movie brings back memories of a time when we thought love would overcome every obstacle.

The sad thing is that people who haven't had experience with the WT will think the story is an exaggeration for dramatic effect.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

GLT you are probably right . I think the only ones that will truly appreciate this will be ex-jws, and a few active ones that are waking up .

It brought back some sickening feelings for me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit