The Doors - Your Favorite Songs By Them ? YOU-tubes Welcome !

by flipper 71 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

When You're Strange was always a favorite of mine. The words are simple, yet profound. I think they are a good comparison for how a dub might feel when they are thrown out of their congregation into the "world". I was never thrown out, but sometimes the world looked that way to me anyway.

• flipper
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

When You're Strange was always a favorite of mine. The words are simple, yet profound. I think they are a good comparison for how a dub might feel when they are thrown out of their congregation into the "world". I was never thrown out, but sometimes the world looked that way to me anyway.

So true, so very true. There's days when my eye is crooked, and all I see is bad in the world because I'm envious of their freedom while I feel trapped as a JW. Morrison's words echo so truthful in my heart when this religion is getting the best of me. NonJW women look so wicked to me when I lust after what I cannot reasonably go after. I feel unwanted when the reality is my religious situation just makes all thats natural seem complicated and immoral. I've always loved that song.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Morrison was a joke. The guy couldn't put two coherent thoughts together. How many drugs was he on during this interview? Or was his brain already fried?

Shaman? What a fucking boob. He was a legend in his own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoVJ-55ZloE

• flipper
    flipper

IRONHEAD- Morrison as well as OTHER famous rock n rollers did drugs yes indeed. Including The Beatles, Rolling Stones , Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin. Doesn't diminish their musical talent or genius though. The music ALL of those artists made still stands up better than anything Justin Beiber does these days. To hurl insults at people who had difficulties in life struggling perhaps with deep rooted emotional difficulties which resulted in them eventually dying of alcoholism , drug abuse , or just plain emotional despair - shows you lack some sensitivity or true understanding or compassion for those dealing with substance abuse. And it shows your ignorance

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

IRONHEAD- Morrison as well as OTHER famous rock n rollers did drugs yes indeed. Including The Beatles, Rolling Stones , Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin. Doesn't diminish their musical talent or genius though. The music ALL of those artists made still stands up better than anything Justin Beiber does these days.

Agreed

To hurl insults at people who had difficulties in life struggling perhaps with deep rooted emotional difficulties which resulted in them eventually dying of alcoholism , drug abuse , or just plain emotional despair - shows you lack some sensitivity or true understanding or compassion for those dealing with substance abuse. And it shows your ignorance .

"Hurl insults"? LOL. You're somewhat of a boob yourself, aren't you Flip?

Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Peace out to you too, Mr. Iron Head

• flipper
    flipper

IRON HEAD - Thanks for hi-jacking the thread topic. If you have a quality you-tube to post and contribute something in a positive way to the thread then post it . Otherwise STFU . Sit on your thumb and rotate. Piss off, Mr. Flipper

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

IRON HEAD - Thanks for hi-jacking the thread topic. If you have a quality you-tube to post and contribute something in a positive way to the thread then post it . Otherwise STFU . Sit on your thumb and rotate.

Sorry Flip, but as I've been told many times, this is a PUBLIC forum. That means members are free to post their opinions on other members' threads. I posted my opinion.

I stated this in an earlier thread, remember?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. My original opinion of Jim Morrison was in no way a reflection of my opinion of you. Now it sorta is

Piss off, Mr. Flipper

You first, Mr. Iron Head

• flipper
    flipper

Apology accepted ! You are forgiven. Now say 5 hail Mary's ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit