Danger JWs, your KH is falling apart in front of your eyes!

by moshe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

moshe - "...the Internet has already snatched almost an entire generation of JW youth out of the clutches of the WT org..."

Something else I just thought of...

Thanks also in part due to the information age, it's become more and more socially unacceptable in the Western world to publicly advocate the view that one's own religion is the only valid one; for one thing, it's often easily refuted, for another, it's considered (more and more) to be just plain rude and inconsiderate.

As the politically correct advocacy of the positive aspects of other belief systems becomes more and more the social norm, the genuine sentiments of those who acknowledge them become more and more genuinely felt; a genuine change of heart towards other religious beliefs can often occur.

• moshe
    moshe
    a genuine change of heart towards other religious beliefs can often occur.

I had a change of heart in 1982 towards Christendom when our family home burned down and the local churches donated clothes, toys, & household stuff for us AND, they just left it on a relatives enclosed porch for us a few blocks away where we were staying- we never knew exactly what church left what. What did the brothers at the KH offer?- they offered to bid on the Insurance job to clean up the debris- and of course rebuild our house. I was officially a JW for another 6 years, but I'll bet I didn't do more than 100 hours of FS work during that entire time. My heart just wasn't in it anymore- I put my labor into my secular work and into my family.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The congregation I grew up in is pitifully small now, made up of mostly the elderly. So is the neighboring congregation. However, most of the dubbies I grew up with are now a large army of ex-JWs who continue to be my friends on Facebook!

• moshe
    moshe

Jimmy, I envision an entire swath of KHs, in mostly rural communities, looking like a sea of white-haired trained seals- still doing the same tricks they learned 50 years ago from the WT org. Barking canned answers to questions in the the WT lesson, clapping for joy at the way-to-go letters from the GB and hobbling out in FS in a fruitless search for those elusive feeble-minded householders to study the WT books with. Here one year- gone the next- we will see more KHs just quietly close their doors and merge with a neighboring hall an hour's drive away.

• meangirl
    meangirl

We can only hope!

• Farkel
    Farkel

shamus,

:Oh, I believe they are just morphing like in 1975

I think you are confusing "morphing" with "lying." The only thing different after 1975 was 1) they lied they promoted that date, and 2) after only a few years, they never mentioned that date again.

Farkel

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Moshe...The KH actually wanted to build your house back for you? When my house burned down in 1991 the brothers didn't offer anything.

• moshe
    moshe
    .The KH actually wanted to build your house back for you?

Silly guy! The operative word I used was, Bid. The brothers in the KH who worked construction wanted me to to pay them with insurance claim money to rebuild the house- at a nice profit for them, too. A year later I did hire the unbelieving husband of a sister to put up the shell of the home- no JW got a penny of the insurance money I used to rebuild.

• CUTAWAY
    CUTAWAY

Thanks to all of you, who dedicated time and love, and heart to the exposing of this incredible travesty, and to Ray Franz for his fearless and eloquently written expose on the WT, the modern day "Man Of Lawlessness" is nearly revealed.

The "restraint" has been removed, and the sheep are escaping from the pens, and the wolves are not able to follow...Pray for the meek ones left ...they are, some of them, very innocent, just very victimized...have a room, and a meal ready for them when they arrive...but lock the wolves out!!

• joeblow
    joeblow

The rural congregation I grew up in has no new members since I was there in the 70's and 80's. It's the same old people... litterally. Pretty much all the younger ones (ie the ones I grew up with) have moved away to take jobs elsewhere, or were DAed/DFed.

That congregation merged with a second congregation nearby (80km between halls) that had the grey hair problem way worse than my former cong... so that bolstered the numbers a little, for a while... until those people literally died off from old age. The area that second congregation covered is now "uncovered" so to speak... no congregation anywhere nearby... its terretorry is unassigned.

My family have moved to a nearby city, and are in a cong I knew well in my youth. As a family we had good friends living in that city,and we'd go visit them fairly regularly, and attend the meetings there. I got to know a lot of people in that cong over the years - this is also in the 70's and 80's. When I last visited my family, they dragged me to the meetings. Since I'm a fader, I went along and pretended as much as I had to, to get through it... what struck me was, the people at the meeting... it was all the same people I knew from my youth... it was all just the people I knew from 20 to 30 years ago... now all approaching retirement age, or well into that grey hair state.

I thought it was just an off day, and I asked about it, asking if this was the whole congregation or if everyone else was off sick. The reply: "No, this is everyone, and isn't it nice to see all the old friends you know?" They totally gloss over the fact that after putting in 40 to 60 years of preaching to people in the area, there has been no significant increase in numbers - in fact there is a noticeable decrease.... I'd say realistically it's half what there was 20+ years ago. No one there notices though... they just go through the ritualistic motions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit