I'm lost

by Newborn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

I feel confused, empty, alone, sad, sensitive, hurt and so on. More and more it seems...

will I ever find my place, my home and be content and happy? sometimes it feels impossible

Is it my JW background that has messed me up? Will I ever get rid of my passed? The fact that I left my jw husband and my faith...will I ever feel complete again or will it haunt me forever?

Will someone ever love me completely and unconditional?

Happy new year

/Newborn
    (sorry - having a bad day)

• freetosee
    freetosee

when I left the jw cult I felt lost, didn't know how things will continue. but as time passed I learned many new things. I needed to learn how to live with the new found freedom and the responsibility that goes along with it. as more time passed things got clearer. give yourself more time and things will fall into place.

happy new year

freetosee

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Sorry you're having a hard time of it Newborn. Growing and recovering is so painful sometimes.

Hugs.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Newborn,

I feel confused, empty, alone, sad, sensitive, hurt and so on. More and more it seems...

will I ever find my place, my home and be content and happy? sometimes it feels impossible

I was there for a long time and felt pretty similar for twenty years.

Is it my JW background that has messed me up? Will I ever get rid of my passed? The fact that I left my jw husband and my faith...will I ever feel complete again or will it haunt me forever?

Of course, the JW background has contributed to these feelings. You gave your life to the WT and then found out it was a sham.

Will someone ever love me completely and unconditional?

The only unconditional love comes from the Father via the Son. When you accept it you will be truly Newborn.

Blessings in Christ and Happy New Year!

Love Stephen xx

• Listener
    Listener

My thoughts are with you Newborn, it's not easy. I wish I had access to a site like this when I left as I made bad decisions due to feeling confused and down. Things got better for me and I finally met a wonderful guy who wasn't judgemental and supported and helped me to get stronger. There are good people around.

Remember to pray and ask for help.

• yknot
    yknot

ahh sweety...... of course you will find love again!

New Years can be depressingly reflective and fears can grip us tighter but take heart every winter is followed by a renewing spring!

My dearest, lovers never love unconditionally... not the nature of the relationship..... deeply yes, unconditionally no.

Kissing a lot of toads is part of the dating sift...... it is normal, try to learn about yourself from each experience and know that every closed door only leads you out through a window and onto the next experience.......besides you don't wanna settle for 'Mr Wrong'.

Remember no one ever 'him' while sitting on their couch, don't forsake your need for socialization (start lightly scenting your hair with perfume)

If you don't have a gym membership.....join and get working out to boost your seratonin leverls (happy brain chemicals)

Maybe take a good soak and do a little home spa day too

Force yourself to smile at everyone today when out and about, pick up a magazine and laugh out loud while wearing a warm but cheery color!

Above all..... be happy and satisfied with yourself, you will naturally attract men ........

Huggles and Happy New Year...... a year of new beginings and adventures !

• nelly136
    nelly136

its a bit like a death, you will mourn but you will get past it, just takes a bit of time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Will someone ever love me completely and unconditional ? "

I can't answer that, but you do know you won't get that from people in the WTS

We all have those days, it will get better though

((((((( Newborn )))))))

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Newborn
    I feel confused, empty, alone, sad, sensitive, hurt and so on.

It could be that many of the feelings you have experienced in your life are still present in that part of your mind where painful experiences are stored. Rather than fight these feelings, you can accept them as a part of your unique self and just be with them, without judgement.

Feeling lost is freedom in disguise. Remember when you were trapped in a religion that no longer suited you? Remember the marriage that you left behind? Being lost or free, has its benefits. It gives you space to slowly reshape your life and outlook.

Though you may feel lost, there is no place you are supposed to be. You will find the place you are looking for is not a location or a situation but a state of mind.

All the best with your Journey.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hang in there darlin

Ynot gave some great advice there...you can't control how you feel but you can control the thoughts that bring on the feelings. Look for good everywhere, be grateful for the positive things in your life and things will turn around. Be kind to yourself and be patient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit