Have you ever seen/felt/known God's power in YOUR life?

by XPeterX 42 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

You spent months,years or even decades as a Christian.You sacrificed everything for God,gave Him everything you had,you would speak every day for Him to others and would live as a person dedicated to God.What did you receive in return after all your efforts?Did He help you when you were in need?If yes,are you 100% sure that He was the one who helped you?Could you feel his Holy Spirit in your life?

P.S:This topic has nothing to do with the Org. I am talking exclusively about God and your relationship with Him

• The Finger
    The Finger

I've seen ghosts that opened doors and windows and turned out lights and scared the hell out of you but God was more subtle.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

The Finger:What do you mean by that?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"God works in Mysterious ways" Translation =........I have never seen or heard from him at all. But any coincidence or good thing can be atributted to him.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

There is no power in something that does not exist.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Of course! What's the point otherwise?

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (New International Version, ©2010)

4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• tec
    tec

Through the fruits of the Spirit, absolutely.

Also, when I was younger (teenager), I would receive what I would pray for, often with tears - even though I think now that those things were frivolous. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I started hesitating to ask for things (thinking them unworthy) or adding, 'if it be your will.'

Tammy

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Never...

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i never felt gods power, or anything else, despite yrs of devoted efforts at some kind of contact w him.

S

• shamus100
    shamus100

I didn't sacrifice anything as a Christian. I sacrificed everything for a cult. Jehovahs Witnesses are not Christian - just FYI.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit