ex-special pioneer

by ex-Special Pioneer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

Hi to all, I have been on this site some years ago and have contributed articles exposing the hypocrisy of this organization. I was brought up as a JWs. Served as an elder and special pioneer attended the ministerial training school been an instructor of the Pioneer School till disassociating myself from the borg in 1994.

Being an active JWs is not an easy life and involves all your time, hardly you have time for yourself. Always busy with meetings, field service, meeting preperations, talks preperation, elders meeting, judicial commitees, shepherding work and much much more. (A slave of the Watctower)

I have seen the double standard of members of the governing body (example of Milton Henschel) while on his zone visit staying in a 5 star hotel and during the day instead joing the other witnesses on the ministry he stayed visiting historical places as a tourist. I have seen conflicts between elders, courtcases involving the blood issue, young ones finishing school without any qualifications just pioneering and suffering financial problems and going through divorce or (seperation). I have seen young ones brought up as JWs abandoning the "teaching" and going to drugs, prison, and suicide as they felt pressure and could not be like their school mates.

I would like to wish all those on this forum a Happy New Year and courage and support for those who are on the way out from the tentacles of the Watchtower Society.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks ex SP and a Happy New Year to you too. What was the final straw that encouraged you to leave?

• Curtains
    Curtains

hayy new year to you too, ex special pioneer. Welcome aboard

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

It was research in the history of the JWs, (falls predictions while preparing for the Pioneer School), several letters to the Branch Office and Headquarters asking for information that was never sent. The last straw was reading both books by Ray Franz.

• freydo
    freydo

Isn't it amazing the nonsense one can swallow. It all begins with deliberate mispronunciation of the Divine Names -

Thus making them void.

It then follows that if their real names don't matter - neither do the Laws which they taught.

So you can make up anything that sounds good to you and the ignorant to whom you preach.

How many times does Yahweh have to repeat before we believe?

• Listener
    Listener
    Ex Special Pioneer wrote several letters to the Branch Office and Headquarters asking for information that was never sent

Rutherfood sounds like a very hard man but Russell intrigues me and I should do some more research on his works, even though he had his dates all wrong he comes across as being sincere in his efforts.

It must be quite difficult for the org to deal with letters, they would have to be extremely careful in what they wrote and then have it double checked. Your questions were probably too difficult to deal with but at the very least they could have written back and passed the buck by telling you to ask another elder. But it is telling because nothing should be too difficult for them to answer and if they don't know the answers then they should have the honesty and humility to tell you.

• designs
    designs

Listener, ESP-

Letter writing was one of the things I enjoyed doing, a way to confront the Society on specific issues. Sometimes their responses were terse and other times benign. What was fascinating was how my Letters made the circuit, apparently the Society would send copies to the DO, CO, city overseer and my local BOE. They laid good traps setting me up through friends to discuss my grievences.

Well its all behind now. Good Luck on your futures this new freedom is worth the costs.

• Listener
    Listener

Sounds like you caused a bit of a stir Designs. So sad that they have to resort to laying traps. One could be forgiven for thinking that many actually enjoy doing this and convincing themselves that they have a right to do it and it needs to be done. Their defence is that they are caring for the flock. What really strikes me as odd is that this bunch of men are actually acting like a bunch of women. (I don't mean to offend women as I am one but I know how cunning we can be).

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome and happy new year to all! I love to hear about those that were "in" getting out. gives me hope for all those I love

• mamalove
    mamalove

Nice post, sounds like you have been able to help some? I always enjoy hearing how others got out and were awakened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit