Ton Ten REASONS why Jehovah's Witnesses simply can't abide reality

by Terry 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

1.The Organization itself denies access to reality and substitutes its OWN version, interpretations and meanings.

a.Only Watchtower approved publications are allowed.

b.No higher education is to be pursued.

c.No non-JW friends or associations are encouraged with their "outside" points of view.

d.No free-style questioning of doctrine or criticism permitted. Curiousity is verboten.

e.Threat of being "marked" or disassociated looms over them

2.Between every real-world event and the rank and file JW's mind is a roadblock.

a.The moment of identifying is short-circuited by an interpretive moment of RE-LABELING in Watchtower-speak.

b.All things happening are forced into a narrow storyline and propagandized as End Times happenings leading to Armageddon.

3.Social and Personal IDENTITY is expunged and replaced by a collective PERSONA: "Jehovah's Witness".

a.Private thinking is red-flagged as selfish and sinful.

b.Personal improvement, welfare and ambition is crushed and door-to-door ministry substituted as "worthy" endeavors.

c.Self-conscious obsession permeates Witness awareness as each person is transformed into a public spectacle of performance for judgement.

d.Since you aren't an individual you don't really have a right to fall in love and marry or educate or earn. You are the property of the local Kingdom Hall, the Governing Body and ultimately Jehovah.

4.Both History and Future cease to be objective ocurrances

a.Every human activity is constantly represented as part of Jehovah's Plan for mankind leading to an inevitable conclusion

b.Great Leaps of advancement for humanity are disregarded as "important" for civilization since the New World solves all problems eventually.

c. The worst atrocities are magnfied as proof positive of Satanic influence in a doomed world.

d. Individual triumphs and tragedies have no particular value, but, only as indicators that the Watchtower is right about End Times signs leading to Armageddon.

5.Talent, Creativity and Genius are transformed into useless and wasteful ego problems.

a.No room is made in the Organization for personal praise for achievement since all glory is for Jehovah only.

b.Neither Musical, Artistic, Scientific or Mathematical ability is needed or encouraged because the preaching activity trumps and supercedes all.

c.Critical Thinking leads to questioning, doubt, skepticism and eventual disfellowshipping--so--intelligence itself is marked as suspicious.

6.Ignorance, poverty, disease and mental disturbance are NOT worthwhile problems for charity, education or institutional tasking for JW's.

a.Building hospitals or colleges diverts precious time away from the JW ministry. Besides Paradise brings repair and perfection anyway.

b.Becoming a physician, social worker, volunteer in the community or joining any established task-oriented organization DISTORTS rather than solves human problems because Armageddon is coming so quickly anyway.

c.Humanitarian activity, disaster relief and insitutional charity promote secular and false-religious creeds instead of Jehovah's solutions.

d.Personal financial concerns aren't important to the congregation. Your finances are a symptom of End Times only, not a focus of brotherly remedy.

7.Human perception is untrustworthy, corrupted by sin and dangerous

a.Only thinking the thoughts which come from official Governing Body writings are safe.

b.Personal opinions, life experience and original analysis constitute hubris and running ahead of Jehovah's plan for his people.

c.Calling attention to doctrinal irregularity, questioning "new light" and repeated calls for clarification red-flag spiritual weakness and danger.

8.There are no "Good" people in any other religion. If they were good they'd join Jehovah's Witnesses.

a.The appearance of goodness, charity, benevolence and selfless devotion to others by Catholics, Baptists, Buddhists or other religious types is only an artificial misunderstanding of their human ignorance of Jehovah's long-lasting solutions to mankind's true problem: sin and death.

b.Most do-gooders are religious fakes, imposters and money-grubbing charlatans who should be exposed and not admired.

c.There is no one good except Jehovah anyway

9.Everything you read, see, experience and think is a distortion by Satan for the purpose of deflecting you from Jehovah's TRUTH.

a.Watchtower study replaces the corrupt images, thoughts and ideas with clean, purified and approved versions

b.The human heart is desperate and corrupt. What you "feel" is probably sin and not compassion. Don't trust yourself to know anything.

c.The entire world is in the control and power of invisible demonic forces hellbent on destroying humanity

10.Doubting Jehovah's organization isn't the result of logical awareness of their errors

a.They never said they were perfect

b.Jehovah eventually repairs any damage

c.Disloyalty to the Organization is disloyalty to Jehovah himself. Armageddon will settle that score.

In view of the Ten reasons above there can be no doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses have REALITY completely REMOVED from their awareness.

Being denied a right to reality is to have one's mind stolen from them.

Without having your own mind to think your own thoughts you cannot be an actual person or individual.

The only thing left is to belong to a group that thinks FOR you and instructs you what to do and say and be.

Without that GROUP there is only terror, doubt, emptiness and longing to be cocooned by the "other".

And you wonder why it is hard to break free?

You wonder why your JW family member won't listen to reason?

You wonder why the obvious isn't at all obvious?

Well, now you know!

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SIMPLY CAN'T ABIDE REALITY. For them......it just doesn't exist!

It has been surgically removed by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses organization. (On purpose!)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Your on a roll Terry good one

Reality = access denied .....for the purpose of maintaining and sustaining a world wide profiteering Corporation.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wonder if you presented this Top Ten list to David Letterman if he would consider using it on his show .......uummmm ?

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

I enjoy reading your posts, Terry - this is a another great one!

3.Social and Personal IDENTITY is expunged and replaced by a collective PERSONA: "Jehovah's Witness".

They are quite masterful at squashing a person's identity (or punishing you for showing any display of such). To be sure, it took me YEARS post DF'ing to develop who I am now as an individual. Many layers of old "group think"/unhealthy behaviors had to be sloughed off first...

RTA

• Terry
    Terry

They are quite masterful at squashing a person's identity (or punishing you for showing any display of such). To be sure, it took me YEARS post DF'ing to develop who I was as an individual. Many layers of old "group think"/unhealthy behaviors had to be sloughed off first...

Think of it another way...

How do I differ from others if not by the particulars of my experience, attitude and point of view if I cannot even express that difference to myself?

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't even allowed to VOTE which is the primary act of freedom in a free society in expressing one's OWN decisions about how they are governed.

Personal taste is expunged by sameness in attitude toward everything that makes life worth living. Hairstyles, clothing, music, sports, reading material and entertainment is tightly controlled, monitored and critiqued in great detail for a reason.

You and I have both heard many a JW say that all the Witnesses anywhere in the world think exactly the same way....as though that is a virture rather than a symptom of mind-control.

As Descarte described: "I THINK--therefore I AM."

With Jehovah's Witnesses "You think FOR ME--therefore I'm USEFUL."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

marked

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Good points.

How do I differ from others if not by the particulars of my experience, attitude and point of view if I cannot even express that difference to myself?

Well put - you hit the nail right on the head. That reminds me of when I first went to a therapist about 5-6 years after being out -- I couldn't even put names to my jumbled emotions. I had shoved them down so much while in the JWs (or was instructed to do so) that I had truly no idea what I was feeling. All I knew was that I felt BAD.

Personal taste is expunged by sameness in attitude toward everything that makes life worth living. Hairstyles, clothing, music, sports, reading material and entertainment is tightly controlled, monitored and critiqued in great detail for a reason.

Anything to single people out as "The Other"....which in the WTS is verbotten, to be criticized and lead to ostracism.

You and I have both heard many a JW say that all the Witnesses anywhere in the world think exactly the same way....as though that is a virture rather than a symptom of mind-control.

Yes indeed - I've heard that far too much. Heard it again in the last letter to me from my JW father. Upon reading it, I'll admit to that leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I had to sadly shake my head at how entrenched he truly still is...

With Jehovah's Witnesses "You think FOR ME--therefore I'm USEFUL."

Agreed!

RTA

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Replacing ones personal identity with that of a orchestrated group identity is what Religious cults are known for,

its like if so many people are thinking the same thing well then the information must be right and any need for self evaluation

is pointless and unnecessary, heightening the believability factor toward each individual.

Therefore just about all JWS perceive the Watchtower Corporation as their personal sovereign savior.

• Terry
    Terry

Just stop a moment a reflect on this rather STARTLING fact.

The extremely PRACTICAL nature of Jesus' comments is in high contrast to the non-material "ministry" of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Read the verses and ask yourself when did a JW ever feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, clothe the naked, provide healthcare to the ill or otherwise physically, financially and compassionately engage in charity work?

When I was in prison over the Neutrality issue from 1967 to 1969

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

When I was in prison over the Neutrality issue from 1967 to 1969 I never received a single card or letter from my own Kingdom Hall back home or a visit from a congregation member. My own best friend visited me only once. When I was parolled and entered the Kingdom hall for the first time in years nobody asked me how it was or what they could do to help the other brothers in there.

Very telling, indeed.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm trying to think of ways to break through these barriers.

Obviously, many have or JWN wouldn't exist.

Terry wrote:

Read the verses and ask yourself when did a JW ever feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, clothe the naked, provide healthcare to the ill or otherwise physically, financially and compassionately engage in charity work?
    "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Has anyone on the board ever tried asking this question of a JW or did anyone ask it of you?

Do you know any JWs who were sufficiently disturbed by this that they actually starting re-examining the religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit