What was your first vehicle? (pics!)

by sabastious 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Woody22
    Woody22

I wish I had a picture of my first. It was a 1938 chevy 2 door before automatics were out.

Woody22

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You got to love those American built cars of the 50's, 60's and 70's.

They were big on style, built reasonably well, they usually had big motors because the price of gas was cheap and they weren't

really all that expensive for what you got. I had bought a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon off a customer while I was

renovating his house for only $5,000 it was in mint condition and fully loaded with a big V8 under the hood.

I actually kept the car for 20 years I loved it so much. Try doing that today !

There was something confidence inspiring to drive a car that was made out heavy steel, rather than light weight plastic

like they do today

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had a 1968 Ford Mustang. It was dark green with a light metallic green interior. I had 14 inch wide chrome mag wheels on it. It was one cute, fun car. Had a lotta fun in that car.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is my car except that I had the chrome mags.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

1976 Ford Gran Torino (mine was brown)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I didn't own it, but I drove one of these to high school, my senior year. 1976 Pontiac Catalina, 4-door, 2-barrel, 400 cubic inches. It would pass anything but a gas station. Eight people could easily fit into it. Ours had a very nice bronze paint job with better wheels.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I feel so young around you folk.

My first (and current car) looks like this, white is such a nice car to clean.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

1982 Toyota Dark Blue and almost this low. Very dark tinted windows and a loud stereo.

• Scott77
    Scott77

@Sherah,

What happened to your car?

Scott77

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I had a blue 1991 Toyota Camry. It was a great car, until it caught on fire and burned completely up.

:-)

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit