What was your first vehicle? (pics!)

by sabastious 52 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Mine was a 1986 Ford Courier I got after working a summer and obtaining $600.00. It was a beater and I named him Earl. Like this one just white and more zombified:

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods

My first car was a new 1967 Corvair Monza 2 door 4 speed coupe. I had to special order it from the Chevrolet dealer because they had just about quit building the Corvair by then.

I had already read "Unsafe at Any Speed", decided it was self-promoting B.S., and used it for a paper as a senior in high school.

I still hate Ralph Nader to this day.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

1995 Nissan Altima SE

• sabastious
    sabastious

Jeez James, what a first car! :)

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    1995 Nissan Altima SE

Hell ya, good gas mileage soccer mom car!

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Jeez James, what a first car! :)

And I lived to tell the story. (I have owned five of them over the years)

Started me on a life of automotive crime.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Got it in '63. It had been setting in a barn and other than a couple of mouse nests it was in great condition, 67,000 miles. The vacuum assist. stick shift was a little tricky and I would have to hold the lever (on column) in 3rd when I went over 50 mph. I paid $100.00 for it and drove it for about 3 yrs.

PS it was a 1947 model

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Sorry sebastious, but I don't have any pictures of my first car - a mustard yellow, 1969 Fiat 500L. Fantastically cheap car - fun to drive and while tiny, Ok for 4 at a tight squeeze! It was seen as a pretty 'cool' car to drive at the time, and, equally, to be seen in.

I'm currently waiting on taking delivery on a new FIAT 500 TwinAir - 85Ps from a technological miracle of a 2cylinder engine. In my book, the Italians are a really clever nation of inventors of fantstic new products that you just want to buy! I started a thread about this exciting new prospect just a few hours ago...

lifelong humanist

• TD
    TD

Mine was green, but just like this:

• designs
    designs

Wish I had a pic, it was a 64 Malibu Super Sport with a 4 Barrell Carb, 4-Speed Hurst Shifter, Aqua Blue. I see them once in awhile at Classic Car shows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit