NY post -articles....here we go.

by nytelecom2 30 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom2
  • hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh man this is getting real big.

Bill - you and Barb are getting legs!!!!!

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You gotta love the Post's headlines. Leave it too a conservate newspaper to come up with the following:

"SUIT ALLEGES JEHOVAH'S KIDDIE-SEX COVERUP"

Kiddes-sex coverup. Gee .... I would hate to be knocking on doors in New York today.

Yikes

hawk

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Agreed. LOL. Hopefully some of the people who I know who've been molested and then thrown away, they may get comfort from the fact that things are going to change......hopefully.

ashi

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I am glad that any evil that afflicts children is exposed. However, I wish the media would take a "more" serious approach, rather than using sensationalized headlines like "kiddie-sex".

Now, what do you think any JW's who normally read the post and see this particular headline will do? I believe the majority will dismiss it as either a coincidence, apostate meddling, misinformation, disfellowshipping situation/scandal.

I think the exposing work MUST stick to the highest standards at all times, in order to sway powerful people with powerful opinions who make powerful decisions.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

UR - you are correct but most Witnesses will try and rationalize this anyway.

But more importantly this is going to get the word out to a lot of people who think this is an inncoent little religious group.

hawk

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Prevention is the name of the game here. The less converts they have, the better off the potential converts will be.

If someone is in mourning for their parents, child, etc, and the JW's come to the door preaching the everlasting life pipe dream, then they will remember articles like this and shut the door-FAST.

That's the good of these articles, no matter how it's presented.

Those who are 'in' are unlikely to be affected by it all.

ashi

• paulvarjak
    paulvarjak

perhaps this will provide a little push to Dateline as well.

paul

• proplog2
    proplog2

The important point is made at the end of the article:

"There are six million members world-wide"

This is way past the critical mass for an organization you would like to see disappear.

The child abuse thing is just a bunch of lawyers trying to make money, victims who refuse to move on with their lives, and ex-elders who would like to beat up someone because they lost in a local power struggle.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    The child abuse thing is just a bunch of lawyers trying to make money, victims who refuse to move on with their lives, and ex-elders who would like to beat up someone because they lost in a local power struggle.

I know a lot of lawyers. They are just like everyone else in society. There are good ones and bad ones. They take the risk of doing these suits and only make money if they win.

There is this thing call civil suits where if a person is wronged there is a way of at least getting a financial settlement to at least help in the pain. These suits help in making sure corporations like the WTS change their ways to protect the most innocent. The Court also helps to determine if the person was actually wronged or not by the other person or corporation.

Yes there are always people who take advantage of systems. But the system is in place to try and help. Who knows - the action may get thrown out before it gets to court. But at least there is a system of checks and balances in place.

The great thing about these suits and trials - it tarnishes the corporation's image - and that is what really hurts - especially when you are trying to recruit people.

Your quote is strawman argument, prolog2 and it is disgusting.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit