Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-26-10 WT Study (MEETINGS)

by blondie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

Commenting / Participation is a big issue for me.

Some like to do it, some don't, it's down to personality.

Why can't they just leave alone those that don't like it?

I personally came away from Sunday's meeting far, far from being upbuilt - due to the subject matter - not because I didn't 'comment'.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Make sure you rearrange the words of the paragraph slightly so you can say you "said it in your own words."

-Sab

• blondie
    blondie

ESTEE. don't worry, I haven't been to a meeting in almost 10 years. But I do print out the articles from www.jw.org. It is still pretty mind-numbing.

• Terry
    Terry

That added feature underscores

the reason why we have the Watchtower

Study. It is to study the Bible with the

help of this magazine.

Awww, we know it is just the opposite: It is to study the Magazine with the help of the Bible.

Proof?

Try skipping here and there in the Watchtower with selected quotes and come up with any sense or meaning; you'll come up empty! You have to take the articles ENTIRE from first paragraph to last. However, the Bible is all snippets of this and that IN AID of proof-texting their inane articles!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What a fxxxing waste of 45 minutes! When they have to waste time discussing how and why it's important to attend the boasting sessions during a boasting session, something's seriously wrong. Or, when they need to waste time discussing how everyone is supposed to participate. How often do you see people raising their hands only to be passed by, and then get picked on when they are not expecting to and be put on the spot?

And learning the Bible? Since when do you learn the Bible, as they claim people are, by taking a few disjointed scriptures out of context and forcing them to fit your doctrine? To me, that is learning the Washtowel using a few scriptures to back it up. Good thing to not waste the 45 minutes. At that, around Christmas? At least with regular church, their Christmas Eve services are more likely to be entertaining to believers and non-believers alike. Wasting 45 minutes discussing why you should go to the boasting sessions--how's that going to interest outsiders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit