Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-26-10 WT Study (MEETINGS)

by blondie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Instead of encouraging prophesy they discourage it and I don't recall them ever praying for it . Speaking in tongues was for the unbeliever. so you could accomplish your preaching work before all men. There really should have been a part about not using the Q A session for personal attacks. Elders are typically in charge of helping adjust attitude and behavior but in a spirit of mildness not rude and insulting accusations . IMO women are clearly told to learn in silence and shouldn't be commenting at all at the meetings .

• ssn587
    ssn587

I enjoy these critiques of the Wt, however they would be of a real help if they arrived prior to rather than after the study, that being said, keep up the good work. The wtbts tried to slip in the 500 nonsense again, the all authority was given to 11 people the apostles, not 500 others as is shown by Matthew 28:16 oh well no one there at the meetings probably even thought about it, they aren't allowed to.

• pirata
    pirata

Who is the Bible scholar? William Barclay…why leave out his name and where this came from and when?

Blondie, thanks for the source! I am going to start bookmarking and using these "sources" since they are obviously approved by the Governing Body if they use them in the magazines (which is probably one reason to leave out the source, people like me who may reason this way).

Another reason they may have left out the source: if you read the quote and then kept on reading, this same BIble Scholar feels that Paul's attitudes with respect to women were a by-product of the times he lived in and that it would be very wrong to take these words out of context and make them a universal rule for the church.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Good point brought out by a poster above, about how JW's must be the only religion to have meetings about MEETINGS!!! How freakin retarded and boring can you get? With all of the SHIT going down in the world, the economic downfall of the last 2 years, people out of work, going hungry, health care, etc.....this is the BEST they can come up with, more beating of the flock for non-participation??? Truly, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Also....I gotta say, I'm really surprised that they want to hear more "personal comments". I mean, really - this is a catch-22 for the average JW. You're damned it you do, damned if you don't. If you don't raise your hand, you're damned. However, if you raise your hand and you accidentally relate something that you shouldn't (say, what does it mean Jesus had been given authority in heaven and on earth, didn't that happen in 1914??) then all of a sudden they are called into the back room for a tongue lashing and acquasations.

Also.....one thing this article doesn't bring out that I noticed a few years ago. The WT Study and Discussion (I live in Pennsylvania, and it's always been called a WatchTower Discussion) is neither a study, NOR a discussion!!! It's merely an excercise in recitation, something I can train a Macaw (parrot) to do. That's what JW's have been reduced to, fuggin parrots!!!! Squawking and reciting back what they hear, but hardly understanding a word of it as just like parrots, they only have the mental capacity of a 5-year old. Aawwwwk!! Never question the F&DS, no independant thinking!! Aaawwk, don't miss a meeting!! Awwwwk!! Don't forget to hand in your field service time! Awwwwk, Jehovah only hears our prayers! Aawwwwk, the internet and independant thinking is from the Debil!!! Awwwwk!!!

- Wing Commander

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...my husband pointed out if all the elders (6), their wives (6), their children (4), the MS (3), their wives (3), and the regular pioneers (3) all commented just once, there would be no problem (25 in total). How many WT articles have 25 paragraphs?..."

Ah - HA HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! WOOOOOO - HOOOOOO!!!!

Blondie, I LOVE your husband!!! [in a totally platonic way, of course... ] That comment is PRICELESS!!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    I gotta say, I'm really surprised that they want to hear more "personal comments". I mean, really - this is a catch-22 for the average JW

This is just talking out of both sides of their mouth. They can't say "be a parrot" but they want the thought recited in the WT without going off of the map. I always noticed that those who were commended on their comments were the ones who could simply re-word the exact thoughts in the paragraph without stumbling all over themselves. These were the "good commenters" At the end I did the same with the talks I was assigned, simply printed off the material, highlighted the key points, and walked up their and followed the material without typing or writing it out my own way. Saved tons of time and the compliments still came my way.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Because the Bible is our main textbook, rofl an adjustment was made to the Watchtower Study. Several cited scriptures in the study articles are marked “read.” All of us are encouraged to follow the reading of these scriptures during the meeting, using our own copy of the Bible. (Acts 17:11) Why?..."

Why?? So they can claim to be "studying the bible", while indoctrinating the Rank&File with Watchtower Propaganda...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The really notable thing about an early Church service must have been that almost everyone came feeling that he had both the privilege and the obligation of contributing something to it. ..."

Well, at THAT time, no one was splitting the congregations into "Anointed Ones" and "Other Sheep"... or as Mary - and others - have put it, into District Overseers/Circuit Overseers/Elders/Ministerial Servants/Special Pioneers/Auxillary Pioneers/Temporary Pioneers/Elders' Wives/Rank&File/Single JW women/Reinstated - but not so's you'd really notice it - JWs/Under ReProof JWs...

Zid

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks Blondie

If you don't comment you are a bad associate.The mind control watchtower is what they study.

B

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Dear blondie,

Dear one, you must be some kind of angel to be able to sit through those mind-numbing meetings. I have not been able to do that since 2000.

I Just couldn't possibly do it again.

Bless your soul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit