A deep deep hurt

by sooner7nc 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm sorry for what you went through as a kid. Sorry I ever supported such a regime as the Borg. Love to you and your family. May they be happier and happier with each overlapping generation!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am glad you posted this. Foolishly, all I had ever considered in regard to prison terms for objectors was the youth and promise lost for the young man. It never occurred to me what an impact this would have on a child. I guess I never thought about young men having a child at this point of their lives. What a truly terrible thing this policy was. How hypocritical of the governing body to sit there at Brooklyn, while young families are destroyed.

Stories like this are quickly turning me into the kind of apostate that would hand out leaflets at a convention!

Take care of your children (as I am sure you are) and at least the cycle of Watchtower induced pain will end with you...

• Mary
    Mary
    What the hell is a 16 year old girl with a two month old supposed to do? Did the f***ing Watchtower support us? Oh No, gotta keep sending your money to Brooklyn!

This is one of the most glaring reasons that proves that the WTS is not 'Christian' by any stretch of the imagination. They're worth billions yet they do virtually nothing to help anyone out materially (unless they can somehow use it to their own advantage and get some good publicity). There is absolutely nothing in place to help those who have lost their jobs, have fallen on hard times and struggle to feed their children. In the 1920s and 30s, Rutherfraud lived like a king while the rank and file struggled to survive the Great Depression. As far as I know, not one of the presidents of the WTS has ever implemented a food drive, a soup kitchen or anything else resembling "charity" and sooner7nc's tragic story is a perfect example of how little they actually care about the flock.

What a bunch of selfish scumbags.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm speechless right now sooner,

((((((( Hugs & Luv to you )))))))

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

((sooner7nc))

I'm not the most prolific poster here, but wanted to reach out and give you a big ole hug. I'm sorry to hear of the devastating impact the WTS had on you and your family (wipes tears). The WTS has demonstrated/continues to demonstrate how very much they do NOT walk their own talk about LOVE. They are all words, all appearances; it's just a front. May their facade come crashing down (or at least have people continue to see thru the facade)...and in the meantime, all we can do is do our best - for our families, our friends and ourselves.

Strength, peace & blessings to you

RTA

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The rage with what the WT did to us can be hard to deal with. God only knows I have trouble myself.

BTS

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, anger will destroy you."

The kind of anger you feel, it seems like it'll never burn out, I would imagine. To think I gave my formative years to this religion, wanted to die from feeling unworthy. What a waste it would have been.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened in your life. Acts of charity towards those in need are very rare amongst JWs as far as I can tell. The sad thing is, you had it both ways--people who were in need would not be helped, and those who could probably help themselves would take advantage of people's kindness.

Reminds me of an irony I encountered this year and last year, I think. My wife wanted to get some food from a food drive for us, but was concerned that it might violate her conscience. Why? Because the food was being offered by a church! And isn't it sad, then the Kingdom Hall has offered no such food drives, yet looking after those in need is consider a part of worship. Given the whole desire to appear righteous, you'd think the Society would schedule some of those at non-holiday times of the year so JWs could especially poke out their chests. Strain out the gnat, gulp down the camel.

Hopefully, both your wounds and those of so many others will heal with time.

--sd-7

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I am sorry to hear that Sooner, it really breaks my heart what the society has done to mess up peoples lives. It's so frustrating when outsiders think they are a harmless religion.

My grandfather went to prison for two years while my teenage grandmother tried to support two small children and an infant, John.

John became ill and the local doc refused to treat the child of a man who refused to fight for his country, John died while his father sat in prison.

My mother was the oldest child, and over time I have learned other little bits and pieces that happened during that time. I wont go into detail here but grandma was young, a looker, and didnt have a man around. At least one prominent bro in the hall tried to take advantage of that.

The Society really does not care what it does to people and families, they will gladly sacrifice peoples lives if they think it will benefit themselves in any way.

• carla
    carla

These too are the stories the public has no idea about

• crapola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit