JW Whips 12 year old daughter to death !! This is very graphic be warned!!

by Hairyhegoat 61 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

My dad used to use the kettle flex on me and my 2 other brothers, and if he was a bit drunk he would just come up to our room and thump us all in our beds!! My mom could be heard crying alot when we were growing up in the happy jw religion. Me dad was a lover of the rod as he got a good kicking when he was a kid from his dad!! So he new no diference, I rember my older brother saying after a beating he was going to kill dad when he was 18. What a nice JW family we were... only whilst at the meetings though. 1 face for the meetings and then at each others throats behind closed doors.. I new loads of elders kids who had to go through the same. Glad I'm out now and my kids have a better childhood than I did.

HHG

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

There are different kinds of mental illness. There's psychopathy, like Larry Slack's, and there's garden variety delusion. Mix the two of them together and you have a volatile mixture that ends up being doled out to innocent victims.

Sad story, indeed, but probably not directly attributable to the WT religion, although its doctrines likely added fuel to the fire.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

This has everything to do with religion, the bible condones beating your children, it condones beating your children to death for disobediance, just like those parents did.

The bible puts no limits on beating your children, and has no warnings, or cautions, or laws, against beating your children "to much".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I disagree Sweeney, this has nothing to do with religion. There are many parents who beat their children unmercifully who are not involved in religion.

How about posting a few links? If there are many, you shouldn't have any trouble finding some news stories about atheists abusing their children.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I disagree Sweeney, this has nothing to do with religion. There are many parents who beat their children unmercifully who are not involved in religion.

I agree. My husband's mother used to beat my husband and his brother with a fan belt when they were children. She is not and has never been a jw.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I was raised in a Catholic family. My parents gave me the belt a few times, I don't condone it or recommend it.

I have raised a number of children as a Witness, I never considered beating a child as something acceptable. As a young parent I may have spanked a few times, regret it, can't undo it, but it wasn't religion sanctioned.

I used to give the public talk "Build Your Children with Fire Resistant Materials", I emphasized in this talk that discipline comes from the word disciple, denoting teaching, not beating, using the rod referred to the rod a shepherd used with the sheep, not to beat them, it illustrates the need to direct our children in a loving way as a shepherd would his sheep.

I agree that it may have been taught differently decades ago, but I think that is true of society in general.

The religion may be a mind control cult and by the nature of it provides an environment for bad people to get away with secret bad things, but the religion does not teach or condone such extreme methods.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The whole time that I had dealings with the JWs (i.e. the mid-1960s though to the mid-1990s), it was spelled out that "The Rod" referred to corporal punishment;

- AND I saw it used plenty of times in that role, too!

Bill.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I recall when this happened. Good ol' Brother and Sister Slack beat their kid to death. The power cord that Larry Slack used was a very heavy cord of the type used, not for household appliances, but for heavy industrial equipment, approximately one inch in diameter and quite heavy.

I have no problem with bringing it up from time to time, because I believe it DOES reflect on the WATCHTOWER, showing they are no better than any other religion in spite of their claims to being God's Tool (my words, carefully chosen, not theirs).

I feel it is inappropriate for this to be discussed in the ENTERTAINMENT section, though.

There is nothing ENTERTAINING about this.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Proverbs 13:24 teaches parents to beat their children.

Beating kids is ABSOLUTELY related to religion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

(free) Exerpt from the Chicago Sun Times:

"The parents accused of beating their 12-year-old daughter to death have told police they were meting out the biblical punishment of "40 lashes minus one, three times," detectives said Monday.

Constance Slack, a registered nurse at a children's hospital, gagged her daughter, Laree, while she was strapped down to a futon, police said. Her father, Larry Slack, then repeatedly hit the child with an inch-thick section of rubberized electrical... "

"the biblical punishment of "40 lashes minus one, three times," -- Biblical? WHERE? WHERE DOES IT SAY THIS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit